Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I hope you all well.
I was just wondering if someone else has experienced same issue.
I have got 7 months old black n black Flair. 1.2 petrol.
My car sometimes unlocks itself. Like when I'm back home I will lock my car then in the morning doors are unlocked... happened on my drive way, work car park and street. Doesn't happened regularly but happened few times in past 7 months. On the beginning I though that I have forgotten to lock it but it is not the case. I kept am eye on it for few months and I did lock it for sure.
Anybody else experienced that?

Cheers

Greg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Now that you mention it, I thought I was going mad, but I've experienced this a few times. When I asked a friend he informed me that the central locking for his mitsu jeep could unlock his girlfriend's Honda.... So I guess if there's a fob on the same frequency it must cause the unlocking...

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've had this a couple of times. Still not sure though whether I had just forgot to lock. Hasn't happened recently though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had this just once in my driveway, but I realised that the key fob is quite sensitive and has quite a long reach. So I think that I accidentally clicked the open button when I lobbed the keys into the pot which is in line of sight and close to where the car is parked.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've only had an issue once and that was due to the boot not being closed properly. When trying to lock the car it didn't make the same clunk and when I tried the door I found it to still be unlocked.
Everything looked to be correct and the boot definitely looked closed, but until opening and re-closing the boot the car would not lock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It happened to me few times. First couple of times I assumed it was my fault. However after that I was aware of it so made sure I did lock my car. Unfortunately it still happened again. Took it back to service and been told that was software fault and they updated it. Took car back home and sane thing happened first night I got car!
Car went back to service and they can't find fault ... it has been 4 weeks already.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think I have experienced the same issue twice, at the seaside resort where I am actually spending my vacation. I am sure I did not touch the key after locking the car in the evening, I left it in the drawer. The next morning it was unlocked.
I was told by local people that this has been noticed around big hotels at the seaside (Croatian coast), by tourists, by taxi drivers etc., and that this was due to the multitude of cell phone wavelengths interfering, i.e. coming too close to wavelength spectra of the keyfobs. This is not at all limited to Cactus or Citroen. A guy told me that he actually pulled the fuse of the remote central lock out, and now accesses his car with the mechanical key only.
I wonder which fuse it is on Cactus.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Evilpaul said:
I've only had an issue once and that was due to the boot not being closed properly. When trying to lock the car it didn't make the same clunk and when I tried the door I found it to still be unlocked.
Everything looked to be correct and the boot definitely looked closed, but until opening and re-closing the boot the car would not lock.
This is not a problem. It is a feature.
The boot is operated manually. When the car is locked and you press the boot center button on your fob, the computer opens a current line to the boot, then you open it manually. When you close the boot, the current line is still open! You should push the upper button on your fob to disconnect the current from the boot.
It is explained in the driver's manual.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine has unlocked itself overnight on my driveway a couple of times - at least its either that or I accidentally pressed the button when going in doors - however I thought that if you unlocked the doors and didn't open them in a certain period, then the central locking would lock again. That's how my Toyota used to work. Seems logical it should be the same for all cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Been there the first night I brought mine home. I could be sure I locked it, but in the morning it was unlocked. I thought probably did something wrong locking the car, but was suspicious. Now I'm sure I'm not crazy at all! :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Something is wrong with the car or one of the doors isn't close. Maybe all the doors are closed but the computer doesn't get a reading from one of them. Verify that the indoor light fades out.
If the central locking is off and no door is opened, after exactly 30 seconds the car locks itself automatically. I have checked and timed it myself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a hunch about the boot door. It looks like the signal that the boot door is closed gets lost sponaneously - and the whole car unlocks. I certainly must close the boot door with an amount of bang, to avoid the lock-unlock sequence when locking the car. The first day I had my Cactus I was very gentle in closing the boot door, but many times it would not be followed by proper locking, but, rather, rapid lock-unlock sequence. Then I banged it down, and the central lock was again O.K. I hypothesize that the boot door may spontaneously lose the contact signal with minimal and unperceivable mechanical loosening of the boot door lock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Guys, years ago I used to fit alarms for my sins. The behavior you are describing sounds like "handbag syndrome" The wife has the spare keys in her - inevitably- overloaded handbag and something presses the button and unlocks the doors. A friend of mine had the windows on his Mazda mysteriously opening overnight until he confiscated the spare key. Give it a go before you disassemble the car :) By the way on my Golf if a door isn't opened the car re-locks itself so security isn't too compromised.

·
Registered
735 Posts
:lol: "handbag syndrome" :lol:

·
Registered
64 Posts
The spare key of my Cactus is not an eletronic fob, just mechanical + 2 stripes of bar codes to order a new set should the electronic key get lost. It is in the drawer.
But the story of boot door having to be closed with a little harder push, not for obvious mechanical, but for fine electronic circuit conact reasons, is true. I just verified it again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This might sound out of this world,
In Romania, Bucharest, we've recently had a Car-Thief (stealing stuff inside cars) in the neighborhood. We had a neighbors meeting organised, and we've realized that 3 of my neighbors had their stuff stolen from their locked cars ( different models ). On nearby Bank Cameras we spotted the thief. Actually the police got him while he was trying to commit another crime of this sort. How was he pulling it off ? He had some sort of radio wave device, that was blocking your Lock command from your keys, so that, even though you were locking your car, the locks were not triggered giving him a free pass to all the goodies inside the car. The radio cancellation wave was not targeted, it was present on an area of effect. Hopefully you guys don't have another Robin Hood in your hood :)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
We have not had this happen only when the boot or a door is not closed it will lock and unlock straight away. Our Mazda 6 also had the unlock problem but again we were lucky and never had it happen to us apart from one time we came back to the Mazda to find two of the windows down. The weirdest part was the car was on a slope and the two windows were on the slope side

·
Registered
253 Posts
hophop said:
It happened to me few times. First couple of times I assumed it was my fault. However after that I was aware of it so made sure I did lock my car. Unfortunately it still happened again. Took it back to service and been told that was software fault and they updated it. Took car back home and sane thing happened first night I got car!
Car went back to service and they can't find fault ... it has been 4 weeks already.
Same thing happens with my car!
Sometimes when I approach the car in the morning i find it open. The central locking red bulb is off. I found no problem with the doors or with the automatic central locking system. If i touch the fob and do not open the door, the car locks itself back within 30 seconds. This is a real mystery! If somehow i have touched the fob or if the system have reacted to some other electronic interference, it should have locked again after 30 seconds. So I believe there is a major problem with the system - it somehow looses contact with the door locks, it releases itself and since there is no contact with the doors it doesn't lock again in 30 seconds.
I think it has something to do with the energy conservation system. According to the manual, the energy program shuts various systems down. I think that somehow, sometimes it shuts down the central locking system.

Please pay attention! If you came to the car and you didn't hear the "click", your car was open already!
Please advice if there's a solution to the bug.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well something is wrong with our cars!
I thought I was going mad, until I read this thread.
I carefully lock my brand spanking rip curl.
I do NOT accidently unlock it as I walk away. I definitely lock my car successfully and see the lights flash for locking confirmation.
Next day or later, I go to my car and it will not unlock, as it's unlocked by itself at some point without the key fob being anywhere near it.
Doors and windows and boot correctly closed and locked.
This is a security issue.

Could it really be a firmware updated needed or do we have an electrical fault?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts