Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot charge my phone from USB in the car. I plug it in and it shows the little lightning bolt on phone as if its charging but when I check its not actually charging and it even goes down.

Is there some setting I need to activate ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine and my wife's Sony xperia phones would not charge from either of the usb ports, my Samsung phones and Nokia's are quite happy to charge though.

I had to use a usb cigarette convertor with my Sony.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the 12v plug works fine and funny enough I bought a USB light that also works from the USB

·
Registered
626 Posts
Previous cars Ive had with USB ports are rated for data reading not power provision.

Even at 0.5 Amps the USB port will be charging the battery in a phone, however if the phone is being used (SatNav, Music... on standby even!) it could be consuming more than that being supplied. So your phone is being charged...just VERY slowly.

Belkin do a very neat USB power supply for 12v accessory sockets - Two USB outlets one rated at 1Amp, the other at 5Amp....(unsucessfully searching for Amazon link! :oops: )

·
Registered
644 Posts
We have a usb thing that fits in the cup holder. Has 2 usb sockets. Saying that I'd never charge another phone in the car. It ruined the battery on my old Nokia n96 years ago after just one charge.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BristolRich said:
Previous cars Ive had with USB ports are rated for data reading not power provision.

Even at 0.5 Amps the USB port will be charging the battery in a phone, however if the phone is being used (SatNav, Music... on standby even!) it could be consuming more than that being supplied. So your phone is being charged...just VERY slowly.

Belkin do a very neat USB power supply for 12v accessory sockets - Two USB outlets one rated at 1Amp, the other at 5Amp....(unsucessfully searching for Amazon link! :oops: )
Thanks for looking for link.... Well just use the 12v socket.

The phone was off and still showed no sign of charging when using usb

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts