Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone,

although I have read that Cactus has an electronic way of enabling the lock of rear doors for children, I cannot find any relative button. Do I miss something?

·
Registered
265 Posts
There is global central locking on the tablet - a button at the bottom, however that doesn't stop the doors being opened from the inside, just from outside.

The Child Lock is manually set by a switch on the reveal of the door leaf. This prevents the handle working from inside the car, only from outside. Its also a really good way of annoying adults who sit in the back too :)

So for best security for the kids, engage the child lock, then when they are inside the car engage the central locking. That way they cant open the door and no one can get inside when you stop at the lights.

·
Registered
735 Posts
"the reveal of the door leaf" :(

Page 14

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
el02154 said:
Hello to everyone,

although I have read that Cactus has an electronic way of enabling the lock of rear doors for children, I cannot find any relative button. Do I miss something?
You should also have an electronic child lock.

Font Parallel Screenshot Circle Brand

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
I found this button yesterday. Never knew it was there.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I had to ask Twitter what it was for! Found it after we had had the car for a few months. It's of no use to us these days as our kid is a teenager. :lol:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
I had to ask Twitter what it was for! Found it after we had had the car for a few months. It's of no use to us these days as our kid is a teenager. :lol:
You need a button to stop them getting in :roll:

·
Registered
262 Posts
el02154 said:
Believe it or not my car does not have the button mentioned above (the one with the child :( )
We were never told that Citroen were producing an "Adult" version :D

What alternative buttons do you get in that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ruairip said:
el02154 said:
Believe it or not my car does not have the button mentioned above (the one with the child :( )
We were never told that Citroen were producing an "Adult" version :D

What alternative buttons do you get in that?
Unfortunately nothing at all...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Less than a month ago. Maybe they took it out as they did with the 2 nd usb in the glove box. :roll:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Does it depend on which model you have? I have it in the Flair (14 months old). If it was in the spec when you ordered and not in your car, I would kick up an almighty stink with Citroen - we have 3 grandkids and the lack of an electronic child lock would have been a deal breaker. I had also considered a Seat Leon and ruled it out for that reason...

·
Registered
262 Posts
It would appear to be in the brochure for all trim levels:

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

But as always there is small print:

Rectangle Font Circle Number Writing

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
ruairip said:
It would appear to be in the brochure for all trim levels:

View attachment 674

But as always there is small print:

View attachment 675
However, they have removed it from the spec shown in the configurator on the website. In my opinion, you should have the right to refuse to accept a car which does not conform to the specification at time of ordering. It is certainly worth pushing for compensation if equipment you reasonably expected to be there is not present.

In my case, I regularly carry both adults and youngsters in the car; I would be mightily annoyed if I could not push the button to select which is in use.

Perhaps someone could take Citroen to court on the basis of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seems to be a lottery on what you might actually get; the website is still advertising engines with StopStart but reportedly this feature has been removed from current spec models...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Maybe it depends on which motor you have.
I have a petrol 82hps. Special edition with gps but without park assist from 02/2016 and i don't have this option.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had a conversation with the local dealer in Greece and he told me that this is optional and in general Citroen Hellas (Local Citroen) does not require it....

·
Registered
644 Posts
The2ems said:
Mrsstuzilla said:
You need a button to stop them getting in :roll:
:lol: will need one to stop her getting into the driving seat by the end of the year! :shock:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts