Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
If you Johns are fishing for compliments then I compliment you both ;)

·
Registered
735 Posts
JohnYoung said:
Cactus4us said:
If you Johns are fishing for compliments then I compliment you both ;)
You just had to 'chip' in :lol:
Yes, to go with the tuna fish :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Has anybody chiptuned their Cactus?
I was wondering if it's worth it, I have the 82bhp 1.2 Pure tech, and while it has plenty of zip, I was wondering how it handles with a full boot

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Bewar3them00n said:
I was wondering if it's worth it, I have the 82bhp 1.2 Pure tech, and while it has plenty of zip, I was wondering how it handles with a full boot
I would not think it would be worth it on the small cactus engines and small turbo. Plus you would need a boost gauge so you could keep an eye on boost. If you want to improve performance check out the air filter usually changing that for a one that breathes easier makes a difference

·
Registered
383 Posts
Bewar3them00n said:
'Chipping' in the context of this is only suitable for turbo engines - yours doesn't have one. You could have the engine mapping tuned but the improvement would be negligible, it's not worth it on a naturally aspirated engine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
JohnYoung said:
Bewar3them00n said:
I would not think it would be worth it on the small cactus engines and small turbo. Plus you would need a boost gauge so you could keep an eye on boost. If you want to improve performance check out the air filter usually changing that for a one that breathes easier makes a difference
Chiptuned an atmospheric engine will result a 0.001 hp change. Number of professionals YouTube videos showed how eBay chips is total c**p. Also an air filter (for example an inbox one) never showed a true change on a dyno. But in turbo charged engines its a bit different. A good chip from a well-known firm should upgrade the hp upto 20% (for example bring the cactus puretech 110 to what c4 got with 130) . An inbox filter on a small turbo charged engine like the cactus is not going to make a well felt change. A cool intake system is a better choice :p

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I have put many filters (e.g. K&N ) on cars over the years and noticed big difference as the car can breathe easier but all those cars did have bigger engines so maybe the difference might be small on Cactus but I think it would be noticed

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would only consider this once the warranty has expired.

When I was younger, I bought a new 2000 Audi TT 225. I had it chipped to about 280bhp after a year, but within the next year it started to make nasty noises from the turbo. Knowing that Audi would not entertain a warranty claim I sold it on and bought a more powerful standard car instead - for the record, a Mercedes Slk32 with 350bhp...and I never did another performance modification on any of my cars since then.

Now I am older and retired and am happy with "just" 110.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Moro said:
I would only consider this once the warranty has expired.

When I was younger, I bought a new 2000 Audi TT 225. I had it chipped to about 280bhp after a year, but within the next year it started to make nasty noises from the turbo. Knowing that Audi would not entertain a warranty claim I sold it on and bought a more powerful standard car instead - for the record, a Mercedes Slk32 with 350bhp...and I never did another performance modification on any of my cars since then.

Now I am older and retired and am happy with "just" 110.
My A2 is mapped and has been since May 2007 - the warranty ran out in Jan 2009 (I extended it for 12 months) and never had a single issue with a warranty claim nor with the servicing since (it still has FASH)

·
Registered
211 Posts
To be honest, I'm more than happy with what I have, as a new ( albeit, older driver in 40's) the Cactus has enough zip and go about it, compared to the Peugeot my instructor had, and, while I'm still fine tuning my feather like touch on the accelerator/brake, I don't want to have too much umph under my foot!
As a first car, I'm very happy with the Cactus, my wife is extremely jealous!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Bewar3them00n said:
To be honest, I'm more than happy with what I have, as a new ( albeit, older driver in 40's) the Cactus has enough zip and go about it, compared to the Peugeot my instructor had, and, while I'm still fine tuning my feather like touch on the accelerator/brake, I don't want to have too much umph under my foot!
As a first car, I'm very happy with the Cactus, my wife is extremely jealous!
Nice one....... Enjoy :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
to be honest I thought about this too.
then 'er indoors said "why? your bike does 0-60 in less than 3 seconds"..........some times she's right!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just fitted a KN filter to my 82 bhp Cactus 6 screws and one bolt to take off and jubilee clip to loosen,plus pull off two connectors.Took me about twenty minutes,result on starting up engine thought I could hear a change, as if engine was adjusting to new filter,but then again maybe that's not possible.Took it for a run and felt it was running smoother .So all in all pleased I changed filter.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Coypars said:
Just fitted a KN filter to my 82 bhp Cactus 6 screws and one bolt to take off and jubilee clip to loosen,plus pull off two connectors.Took me about twenty minutes,result on starting up engine thought I could hear a change, as if engine was adjusting to new filter,but then again maybe that's not possible.Took it for a run and felt it was running smoother .So all in all pleased I changed filter.
Thanks for sharing. Did it change the consumation? Are you still happy with that change or is it to earlier to see any difference?
Cheers

1 - 20 of 33 Posts