Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... Ordered my cactus over 3 months ago. we were told last week by Citroën it was at the port and estimated we would probably have it within 10 days. Had a chat with the dealer about payment details and all was good until today.

Call from the dealer to say citroen couldn't identify who the yellow etg cactus was for that was sitting in the port (or wherever) and another dealer bought and sold it already!

What the gosh darn flip!
So incredibly miffed.
The dealer has offered me a courtesy car until January. As they would have to start the order again! But I'm guessing it'll just be whatever automatic they have lying around.

Have our current Astra, but that's been promised to a family member to buy as soon as ours arrive. But was expecting that to be now!
:(

·
Registered
48 Posts
I reckon you need to report this to the head office. Ordering a car is a binding agreement and they have breached it. You should be duly compensated. You should get that courtesy car and thensome! I also don't believe such 'mistakes' happen very often. There was probably a buyer who wanted exactly that car and was willing to pay full price for it. The dealer is not really worried about making you wait a few more months, they have an extra sale in their books. Dirty tricks. Make'em pay!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
visorfett said:
The dealer has offered me a courtesy car until January. As they would have to start the order again! But I'm guessing it'll just be whatever automatic they have lying around.
INSIST on a Cactus there's a lot in Citroën Select network :twisted:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. Plan on speaking to citroen tomorrow. I'm sure they'd say if it was the dealers fault though.
I'll be watching the "first post forum section" for an etg yellow with panoramic too! :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thats rough...

Your car build wouldnt have been completed without an apropriate order, that order is tracable directly back to the dealer and hence back to your order.

Dont waste your time speaking to the dealer, go straight to Citroen and enquire about the progress of your order without prompting them of the story. Only then will you be able to establish if the "unknown order" is fact or just dealer BS and demonstrate that they knowingly sold your car to somone or cocked up/delayed previous order and used your car to satisfy the deal.

Unfortunatly though will need to speak to the dealer to negotiate the terms of any compensation or added extras. Free servicing etc though wouldnt do it for me...

·
Registered
735 Posts
"bought and sold already " ,but not delivered, checks and registration took 3 working days for me . Don't give up! :)

G

·
I find their story hard to believe, could they not have tracked the car by the vin no:

I don't think you will get much joy from Citroen.

I know there is not a lot you can do but I think you are taking it very well.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hang in there, Citroen are quite good at the Head Office as I have dealt with many times. They will provide an answer for you.

G

·
Mark said:
Hang in there, Citroen are quite good at the Head Office as I have dealt with many times. They will provide an answer for you.
Maybe I am just unlucky as I have phoned and have been promissed a call back and never received one, also I have emailed and received confirmation saying someone will contact me and they never have. Going by their Facebook page I am not alone.

Perhaps it's the luck of the draw.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No further contact from.citroen. But the dealer have been in touch asking us to confirm if we want to reorder the car and if we want a courtesy car. They need to know today so they can tax it. Sounds strange to me. We've said we want to wait for citroen to call back. It's allegedly there fault. So I want them to sort it.
The problems date a little further back as the dealer claimed we didn't order black wheels. When we certainly did.
And then dealer claimed the car would have been here in September. As Citroen promised there wouldn't be an August shut down. Obviously there was.

Sorry. Didn't want this to turn into a whinge thread. But it's difficult not to be disappointed.

Feel like I'm not getting the full story somewhere.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This smells a bit fishy. I'd go for the courtesy car anyway while the mess is sorted out. By taking the courtesy car there is no change in your original contract with Citroen, you can still keep banging on their door. A telephone call lacks substance, has the dealer told you the story via email? If he hasn't then its worth asking him to do that, you then have something solid (evidence) to wave at Citroen if you need it. If the story is the same in the email, then I might (only might) be tempted to believe the dealer, if its not, then I really would be suspicious (I have trust issues!!!)

·
Registered
61 Posts
visorfett said:
No further contact from.citroen. But the dealer have been in touch asking us to confirm if we want to reorder the car and if we want a courtesy car. They need to know today so they can tax it. Sounds strange to me. We've said we want to wait for citroen to call back. It's allegedly there fault. So I want them to sort it.
The problems date a little further back as the dealer claimed we didn't order black wheels. When we certainly did.
And then dealer claimed the car would have been here in September. As Citroen promised there wouldn't be an August shut down. Obviously there was.

Sorry. Didn't want this to turn into a whinge thread. But it's difficult not to be disappointed.

Whinging no way!!! I would be going berserk. I think you sound relatively calm. The members on this forum are ace, i am sure you will get help with what to do about complaining. Not sure if this link will work its a terrible layout for a website.... http://www.ceoemail.com/index-search.php if the link does not go through to citroen contacts find the search box and type in citroen it will give you the important people of the company ie. CEO!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chase the CEO. I like it.
I'm a believer in letting people do their jobs and giving everyone a chance.
Citroen said they'd investigate and hopefully they will come up with a solution ... If they don't.... Then it'll be shouty time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
visorfett said:

You certainly don't want to re-order the car. You have already ordered it. They need to sort it out. I would press hard on the head office.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I totally understand. I presume you have paid a deposit and as a result should have got the car within the reasonable amount of time. I really wouldn't reorder because that's the easiest thing for the dealer to do - effectively erase your original order and make you wait again. Surely you have some paperwork from your order right?

No way. I'm p-ed off for you :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.