Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a full-size spare wheel for my Cactus and thought I'd share the details, since it's not the OEM Citroen spare and it's not the same size as the wheels fitted to the car so a bit of thinking was needed.

My Flair has 17" alloys and the wheels don't fit into the spare tyre recess in the boot floor; their diameter is too big. So when I went online to buy a complete spare wheel from MyTyres.co.uk I couldn't buy the wheel/tyre combo that they recommended for the Cactus. I discovered that the Citroen C3 1.2 60kW uses the same bolt pattern but with slightly smaller tyres, so this is what I ordered.
Bolt pattern: 4 x 108 x 65
Tyre size: 185/65 R15

The wheel's offset isn't exactly the same, but it fits perfectly, easily clearing the front brake calipers. Note that a full-size spare like this won't fit into the boot recess if you have a diesel engine, apparently. A space-saver would be your only option. The standard wheel bolts fit the steel wheel so you don't need new bolts.

Total cost delivered to the UK was £74. Cheapest OEM Citroen space-saver spare I could find was about £130.

Hope this is useful for anybody considering the same idea. :geek:
I'm grateful to deeppurple, BristolRich, davew and others who helped in my 'rent a spare wheel' thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just checked. This is the same size delivered with my car. I have never in the past ten years had to use a spare but would not like to be without.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I purchased a 16 inch full size steel spare wheel and tyre, jack and brace from e bay.Fits perfectly in boot space.Ordered steel bolts seperately as was informed alloy bolts not good with steel wheel.Cactus flair 82 bhp.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coypars said:
Ordered steel bolts seperately as was informed alloy bolts not good with steel wheel.Cactus flair 82 bhp.
The car's manual confirms that the OEM bolts are fine for steel wheels too.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Glad you got it sorted:).

Ref the bolts -, some Citroen alloys use a tapered seating collar fitted on the bolt which 'can be' incompatible with some steel wheels. They are typically dual use leaving the tapered collar to rattle once the bolt is tightened, or seated into the bolt seat on the steel wheel...always worth checking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts