Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Citroën has announced plans to show a Méhari-inspired concept of the C4 Cactus at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show.

Almost two months ago we heard Citroën CEO Linda Jackson saying they are thinking about a Méhari revival and it seems this will happen sooner than expected. A concept of the Cactus inspired by the plastic-bodied lightweight utility vehicle will be shown at IAA in September and it is being described as a "fresh and invigorating" derivative of the Cactus that "revisits the spirit of the legendary Méhari."

Additional details are not available at this point, but we expect the modern Méhari will likely adopt a canvas roof like the original version which was also optionally offered with a waterproof plastic hard top. The old one turned out to be a very versatile vehicle and Citroën will most likely decide to bring it back based on the feedback received by the concept.

Based on the legendary 2CV, the ABS plastic-bodied Méhari was a lightweight utility car built by Citroën during 1968 and 1987 during which around 150,000 units were made. It was considered as being a very versatile vehicle equipped with a canvas roof (or optional waterproof plastic hard top) and was preferred by a large customer base varying from farmers to those who were on a holiday and used it as a beach buggy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I heard about this too, but i read that it is not actually going to be a concept, but a 'fresh and invigorating version of the C4 Cactus that revisits the spirit of the legendary Mehari' Maybe that is Citroens way of saying it's not a concept but you won't be able to buy one? Or maybe it will go straight into production., Who knows? I guess the Lacoste Concept kinda previewed a Mehari Cactus kinda car?

·
Registered
735 Posts
It's a sand buggy suitable for deserts - where cacti are found Mrs S :D

·
Registered
626 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts