Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have got the Citroen protect on my paintwork and I have just washed my car for the first time. It's only one week old so it wasn't filthy but with it being new and Pearlescent white I want to look after and keep it clean.

I thought most of the dirt would come off with my jet wash (not on full power as dealer asvised) but it wasn't to be so using the provided shampoo that comes with the kit you get I set to work and washed it, and rinsrd of with jet wash again. I still had to wash it again with more shampoo as it still had noticeably patchy dirt marks at the bottom near the skirting :? It looks like I will need to polish it too as there are little pin heads of dirt that are showing.

Thought it was meant to be easier to keep clean with this coating so considering my car didn't have weeks worth of built up dirt, I'm surprised of how much elbow grease i had to use. Any tips? Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ours came with the GardX paint protection and using the supplied shampoo always left the car clean after one wash. Don't think of using any polish on the car because I think it will void the warranty for the GardX as will using other shampoos, snow foams etc.

However, the only way to remove paint blemishes is to polish it so the choice is yours. Personally we had the protection thrown in for free so I wasn't bothered about maintaining it. Ours gets snow foam, jet wash, hand wash with Autoglym Bodywork Conditioner, jet wash, towel dry then a coat of Bumper & Trim gel on the airbumps. The Autoglym shampoo also leaves a water repellent finish so I only polish it once every few washes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
StevieJ said:
Ours came with the GardX paint protection and using the supplied shampoo always left the car clean after one wash. Don't think of using any polish on the car because I think it will void the warranty for the GardX as will using other shampoos, snow foams etc.

However, the only way to remove paint blemishes is to polish it so the choice is yours. Personally we had the protection thrown in for free so I wasn't bothered about maintaining it. Ours gets snow foam, jet wash, hand wash with Autoglym Bodywork Conditioner, jet wash, towel dry then a coat of Bumper & Trim gel on the airbumps. The Autoglym shampoo also leaves a water repellent finish so I only polish it once every few washes.
Thanks Stevie, when I say polish I mean the paint seal cream that came in the with citroen protect kit along with the shampoo, trim and tyre dress etc. We got it theown in too :p this was due to the extra usb and jukebox being taken out after we had ordered it. We also got 3 years servicing thrown in which was great!
Thanks for your tips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts