Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Picked up my new cactus last week and was just wondering if I could apply wax to it ( meguiars nxt gen tech car wax 2.0) if it has been coated in Citroen protect, haven't seen anywhere that I can't but have no idea thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ours has the GuardX treatment. I wasn't told not to polish it but I just found this on a site...

"You need to be very careful not to invalidate the guarantee and as such READ it CAREFULLY. You will find that using Snowfoam, clay bar, polish or even a wax will invalidate the Guarantee...as will not using anything other than the GuardX shampoo."

I've washed it a few times using the wash/wax & conserver that came with the GuardX pack but the only way to remove any slight surface scratches is to polish it. Having a black Cactus I use Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's 99% of my cleaning gear out the window then. Lol.

I always snowfoam a car prior to actually getting down and washing it to loosen the crap.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm not too worried about the GuardX to be honest. The dealer did it for free - I wouldn't have paid for it. I'll keep on with the Autoglym, especially if I've now polished away the gX!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info stevie, might just try that polish wouldn't of thought it would ruin the protect thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts