Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Did anyone get the cleaning kit from Citroen with their Cactus? I got one free, it all comes in a bag.

How do people use it to clean their cars? Anyone got any particular products they find good to use when cleaning?

Registered
You have to supply your own elbow grease ;)

Registered
my partner got given the Citroen cleaning kit when she picked up her c1 recently but not used it as I have always use auto glym .. .. the bumper and trim gel works great on the bumps .. Then its super resin polish and wax over top

Registered
benfox said:
Hi all,

Did anyone get the cleaning kit from Citroen with their Cactus? I got one free, it all comes in a bag.

How do people use it to clean their cars? Anyone got any particular products they find good to use when cleaning?
Do you mean the GuardX kit? If it is then to protect the coating use the wash/wax when you clean it. The conserver it says to use once a month after washing. Instructions on the bottles.

I've given up worrying about the GuardX though, it was done for free anyway, and now when cleaning do this...
jet wash, snow foam, jet wash rinse, wash, rinse & dry then Autloglym Ultra Deep Shine & Bumper/Trime Gel! Takes bloody ages mind you but the result is worth it.

Registered
No, not me either. Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel best for the bumps and plastics.

Registered
I won't tell you I got the cleaning kit, wind up torch, disposable camera for accidents, tyre pressure reader and tread depth checker and a triangle and hi viz jacket :)

Tony

Registered
One of my colleagues said about the stuff he got with his C4 and we didn't get offered half of it.

But I got offered a little first aid kit and Hi vis jacket. But as I carry a full ambulance response bag, O2 and defib for work I turned it down.

Registered
JohnYoung said:
StevieJ said:
I think you only get it if the car has the GuardX treatment.
Ahh right I see - Is that an option extra then ?
Yes, I think they said it would have cost about 拢300 or so - paint protection coating and a scotchguard equivalent for the interior.

Registered
I got the guard x treatment with the pack but I'd rather of saved my money and detailed it fully myself

Registered
Luckily we didn't pay for it otherwise it wouldn't have been done. But I'm not bothered about maintaining it - from what I've seen you invalidate the GuardX warranty even by just using snow foam on it. I now wash and polish it how I want.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
techy111 said:
I won't tell you I got the cleaning kit, wind up torch, disposable camera for accidents, tyre pressure reader and tread depth checker and a triangle and hi viz jacket :)

Tony
Haha, suppose I won't say that as well as the cleaning kit, I got the three year service plan for free, rubber mat for the boot, mud flaps and a Citroen fleece!!

Registered
benfox said:
techy111 said:

Tony
Haha, suppose I won't say that as well as the cleaning kit, I got the three year service plan for free, rubber mat for the boot, mud flaps and a Citroen fleece!!
Bet you didn't get a lolly :lol:

Tony

Registered
JohnYoung said:
So was everyone given a cleaning kit with their car then ?

Did I miss something ??
No free cleaning kit here. Although I was given a pack of the Supergard products because I took this as an extra, thought it would help keep the black paintwork looking pristine

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.