Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I own a BlueHDi C4 Cactus for around 2 months, and I have some concerns I wold like to share. First of all I would like to apologise for any incorrect technical terms I might use, since I'm not a technical person.

I have noticed that when I release the clutch pedal I am hearing a little extra noise which is easily noticeable in a quiet place. When I went to the garage, they told me that it's normal since the gears are released/free. I'm a little sceptic about this response, since the representative had difficulty to hear the noise due to a very busy road. Also, I never heard any similar noise in my previous car.

Its gear shifting is not that smooth as well; where the change between gears feels like I need to find the exact spot where to place the leaver. Furthermore, I have lately noticed that the gear shifting becomes a little smoother when the clutch pedal is not fully pushed to the bottom.

Is this normal?
Does anyone experiencing any similar behaviour with the C4 Cactus manual transmission?

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, no my manual gearbox seems ok - no noises and nice and easy to find the gears. I will park somewhere quiet tomorrow and have a listen and try changing gear with the clutch pedal fully down versus slightly raised. I will let you know!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have a blue hdi. It has slipped out of first gear a couple of times. Don't know if this will turn into a big issue or I just need to be extra sure that I put it into gear properly in the first place. Trying not to be hard on the gearstick, it being nice and new and all. Can't say I have noticed any extra noise when releasing the clutch though

·
Registered
38 Posts
Checked mine and no noises other than the clunk as i move the gearstick. No noise from elsewhere and gears fine with clutch pedal fully down. Might be worth asking another Citroen garage to have a look?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My gearbox is also a bit iffy, Can't really put my finger on it though, It just feels a bit flimsy & sticky (that is the best way i can describe it) it has also slipped out of first gear a couple of times recently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.