Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding it quite tricky to get smooth gear changes with my new Cactus. The "Bite" is almost all the way up from the floor. Not like any Citroen I have previously owned, which is quite a few. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I have and that's the only issue I observed during the last 5 month and 5000Km. The pedal needs to be released all the way up to get the clutch engaged. I asked the dealer and he replied that there is no way to adjust the pedal or the clutch itself.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a pity. I love the car, it's very smooth once you get going. It's just this that lets it down a bit.

G

·
The only thing I can add is that before my Cactus I had a C4 hatch for 10 years. The bite on the clutch was always a the top of the pedal from new. I thought it was a problem as I was used to clutches taking up a couple of inches off the floor but the dealer assured me it was normal.

I have been a member of a C4 forum for 9 years and this question always arose whenever someone got a C4 thinking there was a problem. There isn't it's perfectly normal, it does take getting used to but you will.

I never had to renew my clutch. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same problem, but got used to how it works and am fine with it now, just the occasional over rev. Really smooth otherwise.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mrsstuzilla said:
I just find it hard to do 1st to 2nd smoothly for some reason and husband does too. Maybe it's just our particular car!
I think that's probably my worse change too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
And I thought it was just my bad driving. 1st to 2nd can be a real problem for me. Especially hair raising pulling out at a junction and needing to pick up speed fast. I can't count the amount of times I've stalled. I thought, it's just because it's different to the old car and I will get used to it but 4 months later and it's still causing problems. Hasn't spoilt my overall enjoyment of the car tho.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Keith said:
The only thing I can add is that before my Cactus I had a C4 hatch for 10 years. The bite on the clutch was always a the top of the pedal from new. I thought it was a problem as I was used to clutches taking up a couple of inches off the floor but the dealer assured me it was normal.

I have been a member of a C4 forum for 9 years and this question always arose whenever someone got a C4 thinking there was a problem. There isn't it's perfectly normal, it does take getting used to but you will.
/quote]

^ This.

The clutch bite on most Citroens is quite high up the pedal travel. Fortunatly the Cactus doesnt appear to have the nasty bite that the C4 had which launched you and the contents of the car through the windsceen at the lightest of brake application! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts