Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was thinking of getting a black cactus, i really like it and it looks more aggressive especially with black wheels, but my friends told me that it will be a nightmare for maintaining it. What do you think about the obsidian black regarding maintenance like washing, scratches,heat,dents, etc.. ?

Regards,

·
Registered
725 Posts
Black does show the marks. I have Shark Grey with black Air Bumps and it's really classy looking.

·
Registered
644 Posts
We have the pearly white with chocolate bumps and although that is my favourite colour combo it's a nightmare to keep clean! (Husband's job) :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
Too late now and I like cleaning my car ;)
NB no dents - Airbumps® :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got the cactus flair in black yeah it does show up the dirt so when it does I clean it simples

·
Registered
316 Posts
Use Autoglym Bumper and Trim. You will be amazed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
As others say black does show the dirt but I enjoy cleaning it so no problem for me. Can't say that I noticed it being hotter inside because it's black. Scratches obviously will be easier to see but a dent is going to show whatever colour you choose. I don't regret choosing black at all - I think my sig pic says it all.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Black is an awesome colour when it's new or when it's wet, it's a colour you have to invest a lot of time in cleaning and waxing if you want it to look great all the time. Look at most of the black cars you see, they get that 'dry' look quite quickly, black Audi's and Minis look good for quite a while, that's probably down to paint quality.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had several black cars and it is true that it requires some effort to keep it looking good. Thinking of my previous car, Peugeot 508, the metallic black shade was very dark, totally black. It seemed that the paint was quite soft and got very easily scratches. This shade of "Noir Obsidien" on Cactus is a bit lighter, it almost looks dark grey in bright sunlight. So far, the surface of the paint is fine and glossy. I had Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection wax on it and it made the car look very shiny.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello, first post :)

we've gone for the black as well although tbh that was the long haired generals choice - I'd have gone for the shark grey with red mirrors - but that's just me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.