Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a confession to make. Its hard to come clean but I've decided that I have to as its no good bottling it up. Here goes...

I hiss at Nissan Juke's :oops:

I don't know why it is but for some reason I see them as the arch nemesis of the Citroen Cactus - like all the bad stuff got sent to Nissan and they made the Juke, whereas all the good stuff got sent to Citroen and they made the Cactus. So every time I see a Juke as I am driving along, I hiss at them. When my wife was in the car I used to do the "hissing" in my head however a couple of times I did it out loud and she eventually asked me what I was doing and I had to tell her.

My wife has now also started to hiss at Nissan Juke's :roll:

She has however taken it a bit more to heart as when she is walking to and from work she hisses at them when she sees them - so for her the requirement of being in the Cactus at the time is not a concern. She's weird. Also she now tells me off if I don't hiss at them when she does.

Yesterday we got a double hiss in as we saw one parked as another drove by.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Adrian said:
I have a confession to make. Its hard to come clean but I've decided that I have to as its no good bottling it up. Here goes...

I hiss at Nissan Juke's :oops:

I don't know why it is but for some reason I see them as the arch nemesis of the Citroen Cactus - like all the bad stuff got sent to Nissan and they made the Juke, whereas all the good stuff got sent to Citroen and they made the Cactus. So every time I see a Juke as I am driving along, I hiss at them. When my wife was in the car I used to do the "hissing" in my head however a couple of times I did it out loud and she eventually asked me what I was doing and I had to tell her.

My wife has now also started to hiss at Nissan Juke's :roll:

She has however taken it a bit more to heart as when she is walking to and from work she hisses at them when she sees them - so for her the requirement of being in the Cactus at the time is not a concern. She's weird. Also she now tells me off if I don't hiss at them when she does.

Yesterday we got a double hiss in as we saw one parked as another drove by.
I dread to think what you'll do at the sight of a Suzuki Vitara :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
The only car I really really hate is the BMW X6 and GT. Awful looking fat things.

If I hissed at jukes I'd be worn out hissing round here. There are 2 within 100 yards of my house. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
How strange! I dislike Jukes with a passion as well - so much so that my wife has told me off about trashing them whenever I see them. I think it stems from pent-up excitement over waiting for my Cactus. That, and the fact that Jukes are bloody everywhere! You sit in any UK car park and you can play Snap with the different colour Jukes that park up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
You must be really upset if you have the Jukebox in your Cactus :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cactus4us said:
You must really upset if you have the Jukebox in your Cactus :evil:
Groan! :lol:

I think some of the reason is really because there are so many of them around. I mean what have Nissan done - offered a 60% discount to anyone who even walks past a dealership? Seriously we drove the "scenic route" from Reading to Egham yesterday - about a 45 minute drive each way and saw about 15 Jukes (hiss) and not even one Cactus.

...which is one of the many things I love about the car - its still very unique.

(Gawd - Im even typing "hiss" when I type the name now!) :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
the juke is so popular for a good reason. like it or not, its a good car, built in the north east by the most efficient and productive work force in the uk and European car industry. I've driven my sons juke and it is good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
The Jukes and Quasqui are everywhere, they must be doing something right, even if the Juke looke like a squashed up Noddy Car!
I admit I did look at both when weighing up my options ( I did also look at the Fiat 500XL, Ford C-Max, Picasso,) but as soon as the Cactus caught my attention, it was whoah! What the hell! Why have I not seen this car before?!!! If I may quote Wayne's World "schwing!"
I also look at Jukes as the "enemy", I took great delight in pulling up along side one on the way home from the dealer, in my shiny black Cactus, getting jealous admiring stares from the couple in the fugly sister of the Quasqui!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
wil said:
the juke is so popular for a good reason. like it or not, its a good car, built in the north east by the most efficient and productive work force in the uk and European car industry. I've driven my sons juke and it is good.
Yep I am from the north east to and they might be built well but they are ugly and I didn't like it on test drive either

Yes those big bmw x5 etc are big ugly things :|
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top