1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
164 Posts
Only if you get that system for free or up to 1000 Shekels, not 1 Shekel more. It just not worth the money they ask for.
After 2 months with my cactus and 2500 km the lack of tachometer for me is meaningless. Back to old-school: using my ears :D
The 1.2 turbo torque is great, the car "pulling" very well and more then once I stuck on 4th gear and forget to change to 5th (although the gears shift indicator signs) at 100-110 km/h just because the engine is pretty quiet for a 3 cylinders.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have posted on an earlier entry showing a display for a rev counter, oil pressure water temp etc usin an obd port lead extender. ( youhave to use a lead as there is no room behind the trim panal to fit an obd blutooth transmitter.) i display it on either my nexus 7 android tablet or my android phone. The android app i use for the instrument display is Torq pro. Really good with loads of dashboard displays available. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have installed the OBD extension cable, linked it to a wifi dongle and used DashCommand on my iPhone. The engine temperature is stationed between 95 to 100 degrees C. The engine turns at 2100 RPM in 5th gear at 110 KpH. There is no need to accelerate the engine over 4500 RPM. After i got accustomed the the engin's noise, i have disconnected the OBD link.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Primekart said:
The engine turns at 2100 RPM in 5th gear at 110 KpH.
That was what I really wanted to know for some time now. I reckon the engine doesn't seem to like 5th gear much below about 65KpH, so this level of gearing makes perfect sense, although I'm a little surprised exactly how highly geared it is for such a small unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts