1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked when I bought the car and was told I could get the spare later for £75

Just phoned garage and getting quoted £250 :shock:

That is space saver wheel and tyre, jack, wheel brace etc

·
Registered
8 Posts
just got my space saver yesterday from dealer ... all you got inc. Continental tyre £160

·
Registered
348 Posts
Keep an eye on eBay for Cactus or C4 being broken. Possibly other Citroen wheels would fit. Worth having; my last four punctures were of a type that would not be fixed with a tube of glupe.

Also, if you are really keen, make sure you can loosen all the nuts with the brace (then make sure they are tight again of course) on a nice dry day when you have some time spare. And therefore not find out the hard way, late, dark and in the rain, that the brace isn't man enough for nuts done up too tight by those air-hammer thingies.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Vacuman said:
Keep an eye on eBay for Cactus or C4 being broken. Possibly other Citroen wheels would fit. Worth having; my last four punctures were of a type that would not be fixed with a tube of glupe.

Also, if you are really keen, make sure you can loosen all the nuts with the brace (then make sure they are tight again of course) on a nice dry day when you have some time spare. And therefore not find out the hard way, late, dark and in the rain, that the brace isn't man enough for nuts done up too tight by those air-hammer thingies.
This ^...plus it might sound stupid but make sure you can take the wheel off. Alloy wheels can "bond" to the steel hubs and can only be removed with a lever or shock.

I've experienced this (of course wearing your best bib n tucker and raining) when I had a puncture. I ended up having to break down a pallet from a Tesco Metro to make a lever and make shift hammer to shock the wheel off the hub. All this whilst on a scissor jack.

Now on all cars I remove the wheels, clean the hub faces down and apply a very small ammount of copper grease to try and stop this happening.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yeah sound advice, I did ours within 2 weeks of getting it, clean faces n a smear of copper grease, do it sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some good advice there and I have been on the wrong end of over tightened wheel nuts and now carry a long extendible wheel wrench which has some great torque

·
Registered
1,520 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
JohnYoung said:
On that tyre site I assume my car which is the 1.6 Diesel 100 would be (C4 CACTUS HDI 100 FAP) - Not sure what FAP means or the 1560ccm 73 kW BJ.: 09.2014- for that matter :?
Looks like it...I'd hazard a guess that any of the listed CACTUS wheels will fit (compare the list before purchase!) with only the diameter size being the variable.

Dont forget if you have the 100HDi that the spare wheel well is already occupied by the AdBlue reservoir and therefore the wheel wont fit in the well for storage.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BristolRich said:
JohnYoung said:
On that tyre site I assume my car which is the 1.6 Diesel 100 would be (C4 CACTUS HDI 100 FAP) - Not sure what FAP means or the 1560ccm 73 kW BJ.: 09.2014- for that matter :?
Looks like it...I'd hazard a guess that any of the listed CACTUS wheels will fit (compare the list before purchase!) with only the diameter size being the variable.

Dont forget if you have the 100HDi that the spare wheel well is already occupied by the AdBlue reservoir and therefore the wheel wont fit in the well for storage.
Thank you....

Yeah I need a space saver wheel to fit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts