Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

did a test drive with a 110 pure tech and I must say I was quite pleased, didn't expect that engine to be so quiet.

Here's a couple of questions I have before putting in the order for one though, things the sales person did not know an answer to:
1) I want the blue lagoon with black railings but white side mirrors. Does the "cactus" stripe on the C pillar automatically come in white if I order white mirror caps? In all pictures I've seen so far, that stripe is always the same color as the side mirrors. But it doesn't mention that anywhere. I'd like white mirrors and stripe. :)
2) I had the version with 6 speakers. Does the 4-speaker radio suck in comparison? Apparently the 6-speaker version has a different amplifier as well. I don't really care for the audio quality on the back seats, but from what I have read on here, people are strongly advised to take the 6-speaker system which is practically a 590 EUR option since it only comes with the navigation option. I much prefer my little Tomtom or iPhone for navigation, don't have a use for built-in navigation. I noticed the parking sensors have surround sound on the test vehicle, it apparently beeps from the front right speaker when the front right sensor is going off and appears to come from the back with the rear sensors. Kinda neat. How is it with the stock 4-speaker systems?
3) The key has a button to unlock the boot. That button does nothing, right?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Answer to question 3. The button to unlock the boot does do something. It unlocks the boot. :lol: But you need to press and hold.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intersting. Must have been defective on my test car then. I know the feature from my 207CC (also a PSA car, all the controls are practically the same), holding the button for a second releases the boot clamp and I can open it without pressing the actual button on the hatch itself. On the cactus it did nothing, although the manual says it should. When working properly, does it only unlock the boot or also release it (so that you have to open and shut the hatch to lock it in place again)?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The 4 speakers is fine for me and the volume is satisfying. I listen to varieties of music and radio stations and all seems to be OK.
For the boot button in the key - maybe someone change the options in the main screen. I had some PSA cars and all the keys with the middle boot button (or headlights) works fine.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Crowbar said:
Intersting. Must have been defective on my test car then. I know the feature from my 207CC (also a PSA car, all the controls are practically the same), holding the button for a second releases the boot clamp and I can open it without pressing the actual button on the hatch itself. On the cactus it did nothing, although the manual says it should. When working properly, does it only unlock the boot or also release it (so that you have to open and shut the hatch to lock it in place again)?
It just unlocks it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If i were you, i'd chose the 6 speakers pack.
And you must change the option in settings to allow the boot to open

·
Registered
725 Posts
If selective boot opening is not activated, then pressing the central button on the remote unlocks all doors. Personally I can't see why anyone would need to unlock just the boot.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The2ems said:
Personally I can't see why anyone would need to unlock just the boot.
Neither can I, and if I do I have to check that the doors are still locked :(

·
Registered
253 Posts
The2ems said:
Answer to question 3. The button to unlock the boot does do something. It unlocks the boot. :lol: But you need to press and hold.
The car does not lock the boot afterwards! You need to re-lock the car with the top button.
To activate the feature you need to allow it in the touch screen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Primekart said:
The2ems said:
The car does not lock the boot afterwards! You need to re-lock the car with the top button.
To activate the feature you need to allow it in the touch screen.
Ah, gotcha excellent. I guess you could use it to stop at a red light, let your passenger get out to get the tommy-gun out of the boot without having some other gang member just open the rear door and put a gun to your head. :lol:

On my current Peugeot, the button on the hatch is a bit hard to find so having the key unlock and release the hatch is quite useful. I can imagine some people fiddling with the reversing camera trying to open the hatch. Oh well. ;)

There isn't any way to get the 6-speaker audio without the navigation option, is there?

·
Registered
725 Posts
But it doesn't release the hatch, it only unlocks it. You still need to find and press the button to open.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the center button on the key can be enabled in the settings but has very little practical use. Thank you all for clearing that up. :)

How about the color of the cactus-stripe on the C-pillar? Does it automatically come in white if you order the white side mirrors (YI42)?
EDIT: Just found this: "White rear insert with black Cactus lettering (DA23)" source:http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/citroen/c4-cactus/2015/options/puretech-110-s-s-manual-flair/sd-AAcSJiG so it appears that used to be an option or it is an option in some countries and not in others.

About the speakers: I test-drove the high spec model with 6 speakers and glass roof (which kind of ruins the acoustics a bit), I think they have a lower-spec one in the show room with metal roof and 4 speakers. Guess I will try that out and see if I can bear the 4 speakers. Such a shame it's tied to the option with the nav system (JY02)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Don't knock the built-in navigation. In my family they all said that they would still use their iphones but have now converted to the built-in system, for a start the screen is easier to see and the settings and data entry bits are fine once you understand a few odd bits. There's a thread on here about how to get updates and it does work well with the other built-in apps i.e. it mutes the audio when providing directions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts