Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon,

I've had a strange issue since I've returned to iPhone in the last few weeks.

When i'm listening to DAB and I have my iPhone plugged into the centre USB slot all of a sudden the pitch lowers (or audio slows down slightly), this doesn't seem to affect FM.

I'm wondering whether the device is drawing too much electricity and affecting the unit operation?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi xS9. We are having a similar problem with DAB and an iPhone 5. Did you ever get to the bottom of it?. Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't know why it's like that, but I had the same problem with iPhone 5C and later 5S. With my current iPhone SE everything seems to work OK.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Never had any problem with either my old iPhone 5 or current iPhone 6. Radio is invariably set to DAB and Google Maps on iPhone for navigation - much better than the Cactus Satnav... Navigation instructions over Bluetooth. Have you checked all the pairing settings for your phone via the Cactus touchscreen?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Phone pairing seems ok, works fine for calls etc. If radio on DAB and phone plugged in via USB, then source switches to 'iPod' and no music is played. If source then reinstated to DAB the radio is extremely bassy so much so that it's difficult to understand vocals. I was reading the manual last night and realised that the EQ setting can be different for each source. May check that out tomorrow. Also mention on the forum somewhere of potential cable issues. Currently Halfrauds cable, will retest later with Apple and also my iPhone 7. Thanks for your comments folks

·
Registered
7 Posts
The missus now informs me that it's not cable related but that if you plug your phone in before starting the car everything's ok. I'm guessing it doesn't switch sources which seems to be inherent to the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts