Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just picked up my new Cactus and I can't find the DAB radio. I can't find anything which tells me if it is standard equipment or only comes with the fancy radio/sat nav package which I didn't opt for.

I am about to complain to the dealer about a few other things*, and I don't want to include this if it not actually missing.

*Scratched roof bars, missing armrest, missing boot trim clip, seat height handle falls off, dodgy third party looking parking sensors instead of the proper ones.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Access the music screen, top right press 'Source' you have the option to select FM radio, DAB, USB*, iPod*.

* if connected

·
Registered
36 Posts
VestanPance
How can a brand new car have so many things missing and dodgy sensors?
I'm sure Citroen would sort this out promptly. Did you buy from a Citroen dealer?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks BristolRich, that's where I am looking. On the source screen I see FM, AM, USB, and Bluetooth as active options and iPod and Aux as greyed out options. So it would seem I don't have DAB :-(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Katkins, I have no idea! It has really taken the shine off my new car experience. I did buy direct from a major citroen dealer. I think the parking sensors were fudged because the salesman wanted to get the order complete in time for month/quarter end to make his quota/commission. And I think that the missing armrest and boot lining clip stem from this. I will be back there monday morning to get this resolved. But I am now scared that it will never be perfect. The holes for the parking sensors look roughly cut, and the sensors look larger than the official ones, so it is possible the only proper solution is a new bumper.

·
Registered
626 Posts
VestanPance said:
Thanks BristolRich, that's where I am looking. On the source screen I see FM, AM, USB, and Bluetooth as active options and iPod and Aux as greyed out options. So it would seem I don't have DAB :-(
The DAB is fitted as standard to all models. Taking it back to basics (and I don't mean this to sound condescending) have you got an aerial on the roof? DAB won't work without it, but you may get FM reception without. You need the whip arial screwed in to get DAB. Is there even a greyed out DAB option?

If so, then there is every chance that the car hasn't been configured correctly on delivery. When the car comes out of the factory the various modules in the car are not activated until the car reaches the dealer and the activated as part of the PDI process. A dealer with their laptop should be able to resolve this.

VestanPance said:
The holes for the parking sensors look roughly cut, and the sensors look larger than the official ones, so it is possible the only proper solution is a new bumper
Can you take a picture for us to see? The OEM Citroen fitted reverse sensor option will look identical to the models fitted with it as standard e.g.

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought the DAB was included on all. That's what the Citroen website says anyway. I do have the standard whip antenna on the roof. I don't have DAB as an option on the touch screen, not even greyed out. I will speak with the dealer first thing Monday and see what is up.

Here's a couple of snaps I took before I tucked her into the garage for the night.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thats naughty...assume you've paid for the "Option Fit" at order?

Be interesting to see how they've been wired in. If they are confirmed as aftermarket fit items, they have in theory voided the electrical and wiring warranty.

Cant wait for their response! Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ran out of time to get down to the dealer today. I have to work to pay for the car after all ;-)

Tomorrow I will find out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't have the DAB option on my feel here in Turkey, not much of a problem here as there are no DAB stations.

·
Registered
129 Posts
As I remember from the configurator, rear parking sensors were in the accessories section, not factory options, which usually means dealer fit so I'm not surprised they are differently fitted from the front\rear combined sensor setup which is a factory option pack.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I don't have front/rear sensors just rear with camera....the sensors look identical to the ones posted in my previous stock image.

The easiest way to tell will be where the beeping sound is emitted. Most aftermarket kits have their own dedicated sounder, the OEM install will come from the car speakers. Also tracing any wiring from/ into the boot to locate the control box.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The car finally went in to have all the niggles looked at. As Rattlegun says, rear parking sensors are the ones from the accessories section, not the factory option. So as BristolRich says, the beeps don't come from the stereo speakers. This wasn't made clear to us at the time of purchase. A failure to manage our expectations :(

DAB, despite what it used to say on the Citroen website, is not available here in Spain. I mean there are DAB stations, but Citroen don't enable the DAB radio on Spanish models.

My roof bars were cleaned up and are now scratch free, my seat height adjustment handle hasn't fallen off again yet and I have all the clips to hold the boot lining in place.

The arm rest was another mismanaged expectations thing. I test drove a Cactus which I was told was identical to the model I was considering. It wasn't (Shine vs Feel Edition). So when mine turned up with a hole where the arm rest should be, I assumed they had failed to install it. What I was actually missing was a small rubbery cover that forms the bottom of a cup holder that is fitted in place of the arm rest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts