Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
240 Posts
I checked ours yesterday (same vintage as yours) and noted a few little "lumps" under the paint near the back of the pano roof - I can't be sure if they've been there all the time and it's just a crap paint job or the start of something more sinister but thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on them.

I can't recall how long the corrosion warranty is for but I do remember reading on here that Citroen expect you to have a anti corrosion inspection at a cost of something like £50 otherwise future attempts to claim won't be upheld.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Like most manufacturers long paint/body perforation (from the inside out) rust warranties. Stone chips are not covered (even if you use chips away). If you touch the chip up you could (if into the metal) you have to treat it too. Citroen give you twelve years from date of original registered sale. Surprisingly, I didn't know the Cactus was expected to last that long :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont have much faith in trying the dealer and warranty to be honest... too many small prints and ways out for them.
Just very surprised that in this day and age a new car starts rusting so soon. I read that citroen only applies antirust on the outside of the body panels and not the inner parts... their reason is that it saves weight :(

I would not mind 1mpg less if it means my car doesnt rust!
On the bright side... as the car rusts away it should get lighter, and better mpg :)
Woah yeah it's way too soon to be getting hit with rust, just to double check, did you get brand new??

I'd suggest you to go ahead with the dealership, yeah they are told to not take it (to keep profits) but you would be surprised how many times if you just keep insisting you get what you ask for. It might be one of those "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" situations. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts