Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the main reason I bought this car was its unique design and styling. I find it amazing that someone designs a great looking car but mess up on something so simple, like the fact the front passenger wiper arm rubs against the edge of the bonnet which would eventually damage the paintwork if your not careful. I only noticed this when washing the car this afternoon when lifting the wiper so I could clean the windscreen. so take care folks when washing your car or changing wiper blades.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
It's a design feature used on most Citroens to improve aerodynamics...first adopted on the Mk1 C4.

If you insert your key in the ignition turn it to Position II and remove key, press down on wiper stalk the wipers park themselves vertically on the windscreen to enable folding fully out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
BristolRich said:
If you insert your key in the ignition turn it to Position II and remove key, press down on wiper stalk the wipers park themselves vertically on the windscreen to enable folding fully out.
Well I never knew that :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for that tip rich but I still think its a bit silly that you should have to do that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
BristolRich said:
If you insert your key in the ignition turn it to Position II and remove key, press down on wiper stalk the wipers park themselves vertically on the windscreen to enable folding fully out.
This doesn't work on my Cactus. Once you turn the key, you can't remove it. Or am I doing something wrong?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Page 125 of the handbook says

Any action on the wiper stalk in the minute after switching off the ignition places the blades vertically on the screen.

To park the blades again, switch on the ignition and operate the wiper stalk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Oh right. BristlRich said to turn the key and remove it. He didn't say to turn it back again. :oops: :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
AdelaideOpuntioid said:
Hi all. I'm a victim of this design fault. Paint has come off the edge of my bonnet where I have lifted up the left wiper when cleaning the windscreen :cry:
Sorry but it is not a design fault, actually think they are like that by design so they are out of the airflow more.

it is in the manual on how to park them vertically so they can be lifted off the windscreen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
AdelaideOpuntioid said:
Hi all. I'm a victim of this design fault. Paint has come off the edge of my bonnet where I have lifted up the left wiper when cleaning the windscreen :cry:
If you check out previous posts this will all become clear. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Hi
I have found paint missing on mine too! Did you have to pay or did Citroen pay for the repair?
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Why should Citroen pay for the repair....It's a mistake You've made...

It was the same on my Xsara Picasso, and when I know it's gonna be cold next day, I always leave my car with the wipers straight. That way, they don't gather all the moist from the window that freezes the wiper and makes it almost impossible to remove the ice in the morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
ThomasRath said:
Why should Citroen pay for the repair....It's a mistake You've made...

It was the same on my Xsara Picasso, and when I know it's gonna be cold next day, I always leave my car with the wipers straight. That way, they don't gather all the moist from the window that freezes the wiper and makes it almost impossible to remove the ice in the morning.
Agreed. Am sure it was fine when it left the factory, and there IS a setting to move the wipers clear of the bonnet for maintenance. Surprised Citroen are offering to help repair the damage you've caused! :?
 
G

·
Mrsstuzilla said:
Agreed. Am sure it was fine when it left the factory, and there IS a setting to move the wipers clear of the bonnet for maintenance. Surprised Citroen are offering to help repair the damage you've caused! :?
You are right Claire, it is documented in the handbook., page 125 in the 2015 version. It is quite common on a lot of cars now.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top