Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Camera lens Motor vehicle Hood
I've been to refuel and i can't get the fuel nozzle into the car. There is a white plastic cap stopping it from getting in. The only thing that is different is the car alert is sounding for it's first service. I can't see why this would stop the nozzle going in. Any idea what is causing this?

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
From what I can see that looks normal. The white cap is part of the anti siphon. Are you sure you weren't trying petrol in diesel? (It's ok I've tried it!)

·
Registered
709 Posts
The diameter of diesel nozzles is wider than a petrol nozzle - to allow only diesel fuel into the tank the wider diesel nozzle is able to push aside a lever arrangement which then moves aside the blocking part. The smaller petrol nozzle is unable to to do this.
Consequently, if the diesel nozzle is slightly under-size or worn it might not actuate the de-blocking motion.

·
Registered
626 Posts
davew said:
The diameter of diesel nozzles is wider than a petrol nozzle - to allow only diesel fuel into the tank the wider diesel nozzle is able to push aside a lever arrangement which then moves aside the blocking part. The smaller petrol nozzle is unable to to do this.
Consequently, if the diesel nozzle is slightly under-size or worn it might not actuate the de-blocking motion.
The other thing to add to this is some petrol stations have HGV only pumps and the nozzle is simply a wide diameter outlet. It will fit but not go all the way in...as the actress said to the bishop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts