Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First post so please forgive me if this has been posted before. Wifey had her car written off a couple of weeks back so we're currently on the hunt for a new motor. I'm pretty sure she's decided on a Cactus. Exact spec yet tbc but looking at coast2coastcars.co.uk there's a decent level of discount to be had. I've used C2C before to order a BMW and they were fantastic saving me 25% off list for a factory order. They're currently offering a C.20%+ discount off new factory orders. Is there anything much better than this out there it is this the normal going rate?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
I`ve just had a great deal via CarWow..I got a C4 but thousands off the list...different beast I know but costs you nothing..You get about 5 or 6 offers.The first and best deal I got was from my local dealer, which made things a lot easier..Good luck though

Should add if you buy via their site they send you a £20 Amazon voucher as well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
paully said:
I`ve just had a great deal via CarWow..I got a C4 but thousands off the list...different beast I know but costs you nothing..You get about 5 or 6 offers.The first and best deal I got was from my local dealer, which made things a lot easier..Good luck though

Should add if you buy via their site they send you a £20 Amazon voucher as well
I've had a look at Carwow but the best they can do is £2.5K. Coast2coast are offering £4.2K which I'll probably use to try and beat up my local dealer with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Don't neglect the opportunity to become a member of the Citroën Car Club which entitles you to 10% off the price of a new car. You need to be a member for 3 months which is less that the current lead-time for a Cactus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Flintymutt said:
paully said:
Coast2coast are offering £4.2K which I'll probably use to try and beat up my local dealer with.
I had a quick look at their website and couldn't see the Cactus listed, maybe you have to call them? 4k seems like a large amount, how the hell do they do it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MaroonBells said:
Flintymutt said:
paully said:
Coast2coast are offering £4.2K which I'll probably use to try and beat up my local dealer with.
I had a quick look at their website and couldn't see the Cactus listed, maybe you have to call them? 4k seems like a large amount, how the hell do they do it?
It's under the C4 hatchback section
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sjoiner said:
Don't neglect the opportunity to become a member of the Citroën Car Club which entitles you to 10% off the price of a new car. You need to be a member for 3 months which is less that the current lead-time for a Cactus.
Is this in addition to the level of discount you can negotiate yourself? i.e. like the NFU 5% for LR Defenders?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Yeah - it's 10% off the final price after all dealer discounts. It's a discount that Citroen pass to through to the dealer so always deal tough before laying on the owners club discount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sjoiner said:
Yeah - it's 10% off the final price after all dealer discounts. It's a discount that Citroen pass to through to the dealer so always deal tough before laying on the owners club discount.
So if I say managed to negotiate a £5K discount (being super optimistic), then I could pull out the Citroen OC Card and get a further 10% off? Or is it just of current Citroen Promo Discounts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
I was in a dealer a couple of months ago asking about a flair 110 and he said the most he could give me off was about £300-400, was he trying to mug me??
-------

Flintymutt said:
It's under the C4 hatchback section
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Flintymutt said:
sjoiner said:
Yeah - it's 10% off the final price after all dealer discounts. It's a discount that Citroen pass to through to the dealer so always deal tough before laying on the owners club discount.
So if I say managed to negotiate a £5K discount (being super optimistic), then I could pull out the Citroen OC Card and get a further 10% off? Or is it just of current Citroen Promo Discounts?
Yup, so if the car is 15K RRP and you manage to get a 5K discount from the dealer (good luck with that!) that would mean a 10K car. The Citroen Car Club new car discount would then be applied to the 10K meaning the price is now 9K. It's available against (virtually) all new Citroens and accessories.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sjoiner said:
Flintymutt said:
sjoiner said:
Yeah - it's 10% off the final price after all dealer discounts. It's a discount that Citroen pass to through to the dealer so always deal tough before laying on the owners club discount.
So if I say managed to negotiate a £5K discount (being super optimistic), then I could pull out the Citroen OC Card and get a further 10% off? Or is it just of current Citroen Promo Discounts?
Yup, so if the car is 15K RRP and you manage to get a 5K discount from the dealer (good luck with that!) that would mean a 10K car. The Citroen Car Club new car discount would then be applied to the 10K meaning the price is now 9K. It's available against (virtually) all new Citroens and accessories.
If I can get the 10% additional discount, this could turn into one cheap car! I've already been quoted £4.2K off list so could end up with about a £5.5K discount. Happy days!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Is this 4.2k off list from a Citroen dealer ? As I said earlier I spoke to a dealer and he said the most he could do was a couple of hundred, am I going wrong somewhere????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MaroonBells said:
Is this 4.2k off list from a Citroen dealer ? As I said earlier I spoke to a dealer and he said the most he could do was a couple of hundred, am I going wrong somewhere????
Certainly is. Via a broker. I'd walk away from your dealer and look elsewhere is that's all they're offering. I get a better discount on a loaf of bread!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Flintymutt said:
MaroonBells said:
Is this 4.2k off list from a Citroen dealer ? As I said earlier I spoke to a dealer and he said the most he could do was a couple of hundred, am I going wrong somewhere????
Certainly is. Via a broker. I'd walk away from your dealer and look elsewhere is that's all they're offering. I get a better discount on a loaf of bread!
Thanks for the info, are you using coast2coast?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MaroonBells said:
Flintymutt said:
MaroonBells said:
Is this 4.2k off list from a Citroen dealer ? As I said earlier I spoke to a dealer and he said the most he could do was a couple of hundred, am I going wrong somewhere????
Certainly is. Via a broker. I'd walk away from your dealer and look elsewhere is that's all they're offering. I get a better discount on a loaf of bread!
Thanks for the info, are you using coast2coast?
Yes. Give Gordon a call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Flintymutt said:
Yes. Give Gordon a call.
Damn, damn, damn, Coast2Coast have just told me they aren't doing Citroens at the moment. That's a blow.

Anyone any other good recommendations on how to get a good deal?
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top