Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last two days I have noticed on a couple of occasions when I press the unlock button on the remote, nothing happens. No unlocking sound, and no indicator flashing. However, when I try the doors they are unlocked. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't think it was actually ever locked!

When I first got the car I had problems with the car not locking unless I had "firmly" closed the tailgate.

After the first time I came out to find the car was unlocked I was surprised that this had happened as I remembered clearly locking it. I tried locking it then and it didn't actually lock! As the doors all seemed to be shut I opened and closed the tailgate and then the car did lock.

Subsequently I noticed there is a change to a lengthened "on" duration of the flashing indicator lights when locking the car which seems to indicate a door or tailgate is not properly closed and which causes the locking system to fail to engage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an habit of always checking one of the doors after locking with the remote for this reason

·
Registered
316 Posts
It automatically locks after a couple of minutes anyway once you have unlocked it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If one of the doors or the boot is not closed properly, it won't lock. You hear a double click. It isn't this that is happening. I'm pressing the unlock button and getting no sound or flash. But the doors are not locked.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You need to take it into the dealer, the modern switches on the doors and tail are not as good as they used to be. Is it showing on your touch screen?.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It could be your key wants reprogramming.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark said:
You need to take it into the dealer, the modern switches on the doors and tail are not as good as they used to be. Is it showing on your touch screen?.
Is what showing on the touch screen. I'm not in the car when I lock it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark said:
It could be your key wants reprogramming.
Mark said:
I think you are right. I thought it was me the first time it happened. Then it happened again yesterday, and once today. Looks like a dealer visit :cry:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think so, when you buy a new car, the key is programmed to it. It may be one that got through.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Mark said:
It automatically locks after a couple of minutes anyway once you have unlocked it.
Does it ? are you sure ? - I forgot to lock ours a few days back and it was still unlocked when I went back to it after about 20min

I know my old car did that and put the alarm on and it was annoying especially with kids in the car and the alarm going off :evil:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes it does like my C3, if there is a problem like you say it should basically re-lock as there is no sonic alarm in the Cactus it does lock after a few minutes. Back to the same problem if it doesn't work then back to the dealer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mine only locks itself again if having unlocked it I get distracted without opening the door.

The2ems in the manual it gives instructions on how to reinitialise the key if you are having problems with it.

Reinitialisation
Switch off the ignition and remove the ignition key.
Press the closed padlock immediately for a few seconds.
Turn the key to position 2 (Ignition on).
Switch off the ignition and remove the key from the ignition switch.
The remote control is fully operational again.

·
Registered
626 Posts
As JohnC says the autolock only works if you unlock the car but dont open any doors or the boot.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The open door icon. Is the automatic door and boot lock working when you drive off ?.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mark said:
The open door icon. Is the automatic door and boot lock working when you drive off ?.
I disabled that. I don't think it's a good idea to be locked in. If there was an emergency, someone outside would have difficulty getting you out.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The2ems said:
Mark said:
I disabled that. I don't think it's a good idea to be locked in. If there was an emergency, someone outside would have difficulty getting you out.
Yes I always thought the same and you might be right (how do you disable it) but I think all doors unlock in the event of a collision..... Hopefully

1 - 20 of 29 Posts