Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The very helpful MyCitroen app isn't available in the UK but follow the steps below to download it to your iPhone:

What to do is go to this link: https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/link-mycitroen/id878650715?mt=8 this will open a message advising you the app isn't available in your country and will allow you to change to the French App Store. Continue to the French App Store.

When the description of the app loads you need to press the Featured icon on the menu along the bottom of the screen. Scroll down to where your App Store account is shown and click log out.

Now go back to the MyCitroen app and click GET. This will advise you to sign in or create a new account. Click create a new account.

Set up the new account and select France as your country. Do not enter a credit card number.

When you have finished setting up the account and verifying it, log in and go back to the Citroen app, you can now download it.

(If you do not follow the options above you will have to add a credit card registered in France to your new account)

When you have installed the MyCitroen app you need to enter your VIN number and connect your phone to your Cactus USB socket (not the glovebox one for fellow Flair owners).

The app will show you mileage, MPG, service information, trips and it keeps a GPS of where you parked your car allowing you to find it again at the press of a button.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks, I have just loaded it as you described above and worked a treat - now just need to link it to my car! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds really cool, can you post some screen shots of the app :) I get my white blueHDI Flair in a 54 days (lol on the 12 week countdown) Glasgow will be awash with Cacti very soon I think :)

Edit... no need for screenshots.... Justed clicked the link pmsl

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
;) It is a nice wee app. Gives you lots of info and helps you keep track of trips, mileage, service info, consumption and allows you to continue navigation on foot from your iPhone.

Some screenshots I took when I first enabled app:

View attachment 54 View attachment 54 View attachment 54

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right. Glasgow will have a lot of them soon. I've seen a couple on the way to Loch Lomond and one in Glasgow. Was in Paris last month and only seen one. I thought I'd have seen a lot more of them.

Jbr192 said:
Sounds really cool, can you post some screen shots of the app :) I get my white blueHDI Flair in a 54 days (lol on the 12 week countdown) Glasgow will be awash with Cacti very soon I think :)

Edit... no need for screenshots.... Justed clicked the link pmsl

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thank you for bringing this app to Everyone's attention. Thank You, it took a while to convert my iTunes account to France but works nicely on the iPad

Perhaps Citroen UK could get it put on the UK iTunes and Android stores (Do they read this forum???)

·
Registered
6 Posts
For android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.psa.citroen

The link doesnt work outside France, not even with VPN-connection to French exit node.

-----------
APK from here seems to work fine: http://www.appjenny.com/Android/App/com.psa.citroen

Works also with bluetooth connection so Link MyCitroen connects when you enter the car.

Version is 1.3.1 (10/2014) if someone in France is reading and can download and send the newest APK 1.3.4 (06/2015) I would appreciate your help.

-----------
How about Mirrorlink or Directlink, does the multimedia system support it, via cable or BT?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hepe said:
For android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.psa.citroen

The link doesnt work outside France, not even with VPN-connection to French exit node.

-----------
APK from here seems to work fine: http://www.appjenny.com/Android/App/com.psa.citroen

Works also with bluetooth connection so Link MyCitroen connects when you enter the car.

Version is 1.3.1 (10/2014) if someone in France is reading and can download and send the newest APK 1.3.4 (06/2015) I would appreciate your help.

-----------
How about Mirrorlink or Directlink, does the multimedia system support it, via cable or BT?
Thanks for the Android link!

I installed the APK, entered the VIN and it seems to have registered with the car when I turned the ignition on, but requires a "drive" to initialise the data set so I will probably not be able to confirm it works until Monday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Moro said:
Thanks for the Android link!

I installed the APK, entered the VIN and it seems to have registered with the car when I turned the ignition on, but requires a "drive" to initialise the data set so I will probably not be able to confirm it works until Monday.
So you too drunk to drive until monday - typical weekend :)

The software doesn't show anything while driving. After drive it shows the consumption data of last drive. And you can flag driven drives with different flags (black, red or green).

Have to test later today how does it work with multiple phones. Will install it to wife's phone and see if it syncs our drives via VIN number online. Or does it show my rides on my phone and her on hers.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hepe said:
Moro said:
Have to test later today how does it work with multiple phones.
I think you'll find it will only record the trip to which ever phone is connected via Bluetooth so you'll end up with a mishmash and not a full record of data.

I ran a trip this am with the iPod on Bluetooth (phone disconnected) and it has no record of that journey. Likewise the other half drove the car yesterday and that journey too (from what I can tell) is not recorded.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Having had a few days to play with this app and a few trips to record. I like it, as it clearly displays the fuel for each trip distance and time. I am using this with an iPad and an USB Cable which handshakes with the car straight away. I have a problem with the location as it drops a pin but does not display a map... probably need to load some charts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have had the opportunity to use this for a couple of days now, and there have been no problems. The "find my car" function worked fine on both occasions I used it, although choosing Google Maps to get a route back and showing the [obviously historic] satellite view can amusingly display another vehicle in the position of your car, or indeed no car at all!

The fuel consumption figures are much lower than those shown on my in-car display, which consistently reads about 10% over real. Whilst my overall tank consumption was increasing from 52 to 53 over a couple of hundred miles, all the separate journey figures recorded on the app were between 40.1 and 50.2, which is likely to be much more accurate.

Overall, an excellent find!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Very useful app. I cannot understand why Citroen does not make it available in the UK Apple Store, as it works flawlessly in English 'out of the box' and provides very useful info.

I live at the top of a long hill... Journey of 6 miles downhill = 59 mpg, uphill = 35 mpg!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got this to work somehow from the uk, the instructions didn't quite work, i think I had to signout and then change store. but it worked in the end.
I will have a play with it on the way home.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Broke my pg record on the way into work 65.9 mpg for 13.9 miles 26mins camberley to peper harow on the trip counter, but the app said 54mpg which seems a bit low.

·
Registered
169 Posts
adfos said:
Broke my pg record on the way into work 65.9 mpg for 13.9 miles 26mins camberley to peper harow on the trip counter, but the app said 54mpg which seems a bit low.
I find in the in-car MPG reading about 10% over optimistic - and it only displays discrete MPG figures, although it displays them to 1 decimal place.

The app displays more realistic figures when I do a calculation based on mileage and fuel bought, and also displays data to an accuracy of 1 decimal place.

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
do you need to click "Connect" on the app or authorise the app via iPhone home screen every time you start the car?
how to allow iPhone to automatically authorise the connection ?
Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes. You do have to authorise it. Sadly this is the problem with iPhone, it prevents you from just authorising it once and the phone remembering it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
robmcd85 said:
Yes. You do have to authorise it. Sadly this is the problem with iPhone, it prevents you from just authorising it once and the phone remembering it.
However, it would appear that if you have established a link to the phone by authorising it once, even if you forget to 'authorise' the app before a journey, the journeys are still recorded and will be uploaded to the app next time you authorise it. My phone is normally in my pocket when driving, so I regularly fail to authorise the connection at the time, but all my trips have been faithfully recorded :) (Only those made since the first time I paired the app to my car)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts