Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found something that fits in the tray in-front of the gear stick that would hold a can? I am finding the position of the existing holder really hard to use when driving alone and it has been too hot not to have a drink in the car. I asked a company who sell something similar for the DS3/C3 and they said nothing was being made for the cactus....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I was wondering about this space too. At the moment my keys just rattle in it. I have seen some cacti with a drink holder there. Like this:


I think you only get that if you have an armrest.

Does yours have a little rubber mat in it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Is it just me, or is the drinks holder very slightly smaller than a can (of the universal Coke, Pepsi etc etc type)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I have searched high and low for one for the space near the gear lever - I too only have a little rubber mat there and struggle to get a drink out of the one positioned behind the handbrake. I can't find one anywhere, yet if Citroen put them in models with an arm rest you would have thought it would be possible to buy one.?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
The last time we had a cup of take out coffee in the car (not the Cactus) my wife picked it up with the lid, which wasn't on properly. You can guess the result. We don't have drinks in the car now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
The2ems said:
The last time we had a cup of take out coffee in the car (not the Cactus) my wife picked it up with the lid, which wasn't on properly. You can guess the result. We don't have drinks in the car now.
I remember my wife filling my drinks bottle for work (one of those sports bottle with pull top) with fizzy pop for me..... I had it on passenger seat when the top exploded open :|
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
JohnYoung said:
The2ems said:
The last time we had a cup of take out coffee in the car (not the Cactus) my wife picked it up with the lid, which wasn't on properly. You can guess the result. We don't have drinks in the car now.
I remember my wife filling my drinks bottle for work (one of those sports bottle with pull top) with fizzy pop for me..... I had it on passenger seat when the top exploded open :|
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
I can live with it, costa medium cups and my travel coffee mug fit snuggly, thin energy drink cans are not safe. I do find it quite tricky to lift and replace the drinks when the gear stick is in 5th.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Took Delivery of My White Cactus Flair 1.6HDI Blue a few weeks ago, absolutely love it and no complaints except one thing, the cup holder is really small, seems to only fit a small bottle. I bought a Thermos cup with a small bottom (no pun intended) and even that doesn't fit, it will sit there
but the second I go around a roundabout or sharp corner I get a coffee shower. Has anyone found any thermal cups that fit?

I'm fed up of having to only have fizzy drinks and need a coffee!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
CactusPete said:
Took Delivery of My White Cactus Flair 1.6HDI Blue a few weeks ago, absolutely love it and no complaints except one thing, the cup holder is really small, seems to only fit a small bottle. I bought a Thermos cup with a small bottom (no pun intended) and even that doesn't fit, it will sit there
but the second I go around a roundabout or sharp corner I get a coffee shower. Has anyone found any thermal cups that fit?

I'm fed up of having to only have fizzy drinks and need a coffee!! :D
I have a thermos it fits fine, as do Costa and McDonald's coffee cups
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
CactusPete said:
Took Delivery of My White Cactus Flair 1.6HDI Blue a few weeks ago, absolutely love it and no complaints except one thing, the cup holder is really small, seems to only fit a small bottle. I bought a Thermos cup with a small bottom (no pun intended) and even that doesn't fit, it will sit there
but the second I go around a roundabout or sharp corner I get a coffee shower. Has anyone found any thermal cups that fit?

I'm fed up of having to only have fizzy drinks and need a coffee!! :D
These fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KEEP-CALM-TRAVEL-MUG-CERAMIC-DOUBLE-WALLED-CARRY-ON-DRINK-TEA-And-COFFEE-CUP-/321849348593?var=&hash=item4aefb751f1:m:mSsvwbwK2xbk0iEic1QuMJg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Found a gadget which works the 99p Ashtrays you get in cheap shops Wrap tape on the bottom of the ashtray so it's fits snug I used self moulding Rubber tape and our Big Bodum mugs fit perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
VestanPance said:
I was wondering about this space too. At the moment my keys just rattle in it. I have seen some cacti with a drink holder there. Like this:


I think you only get that if you have an armrest.

Does yours have a little rubber mat in it?
Is the drinks holder part removeable from the existing hole? or is it moulded into the centre console itself, (looking at it again it looks like it is moulded)

If so, is there a part number printed on / moulded into it, maybe it is available from steelership?
Any details would be amazing

Cheers

Big D
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top