Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been talked about quite a bit on the forum but has anyone found a decent second drinks Holder for the front passenger? I've had one that you slide into the window but that's decided not to go back on, can get certain drinks into the square next to the drivers holder but there's not much room there and will probably lead to messy accidents and don't want to be holding hot or cold drinks when we're travelling for long distances.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Drinks holders in a car doesn't do it for me. I find that if I drink, I have to stop for a wee. So I may as well stop for a drink. The only time we ever had coffee in the car, (not the cactus), it ended up all over the centre consol. What a mess that was.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm not one for drinks in the car either. Would rather stop and have a drink and use the facilities :lol: plus I don't want to spill anything inside the car.

·
Registered
472 Posts
All that money spent on the car and the 'killer' is the drinks holder. How times have changed, it used to be a heater in a 'deluxe' in recent times its been electric windows then air con. Parking sensors now, but drinks holders... really ? , shouldn't be drinking whilst driving anyway. But if you are inclined to drink during the trip then surely what goes in has to come out, then you're looking for 'somewhere' to go. ;) :roll:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I see no problem having a drink in the car. Many of time had a juice or water in mine no problems at all. I usually ask my wife to unscrew top etc so I don't take eyes off road

·
Registered
262 Posts
Think that as the door pockets are quite wide on the Cactus what we need is some sort of general storage insert with drink holder cutout.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The door is not the best place to put a cup of hot coffee...

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm another of us that think the omission of a second drinks holder is a bit "over frugal" of Citroen, especially when you look at the dashboard and glovebox and think of so many places they could have put a second one. I'm guessing its only those of us who still have decent bladder control who miss this though :)

In the main I prefer to have a flask of water although a Costa isn't ever turned away. I have an insulated flask that handily slots on the dashboard in the space between the speedo and the air vent and rests on the front windscreen surround. Totally rattle free and stays there even over bumps and on roundabouts. It totally solves the drivers needs, but as you say, the passenger and even the rear seats could do with cup holders. The door pockets aren't a safe alternative.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Drinking while driving is an American bad habit that Europian car manufacturers had to adopt in order to sell cars in North America. Add to that electric shaving and messaging on your cellphone and other distractions while driving and you can understand the high numbers of front-rear accident rates in heavy traffic and on the Highway.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Agree with you. Every time i see someone with his cellphone behind me, i try to change line.

·
Registered
725 Posts
deeppurple said:
Agree with you. Every time i see someone with his cellphone behind me, i try to change line.
You still see so many people doing that, even going around roundabouts. And women putting on makeup. I'm often tempted to take my camera and let people see me taking their photo. It would either scare them, or they would beat me to a pulp. :lol:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think a lot of you are being a bit unfair & overly law abiding lol. For example the drinks holder may only be being used for holding an unopened can of something, or perhaps a drink for the rear passengers, say a baby. Additionally we've gotten on to the whole you ought not to drink, butter toast, apply makeup, shave your legs, make calls, (edit; take photos of other people driving!), thing which everyone knows should not be done but everyone knows that just about everyone does.

The OP only asked an innocent and very valid question and I don't think they deserve to have the community police cite the law nor condemn them for asking. Ease up a little eh?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Lsmithy said:
I know this has been talked about quite a bit on the forum but has anyone found a decent second drinks Holder for the front passenger? I've had one that you slide into the window but that's decided not to go back on, can get certain drinks into the square next to the drivers holder but there's not much room there and will probably lead to messy accidents and don't want to be holding hot or cold drinks when we're travelling for long distances.
I've been driving an Aygo for a week while my cactus was in the garage, and they actually have three cup holders. And the car is teeeny.

I think Citroen simply forgot about the front passenger. In the same way they forgot about those that rely on the grab handles, and the parents who struggle to strap their children in the back seats without a courtesy light on a dark night, or want to charge a device in the back due to the only 12v socket being at the front :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
OK then. In direct answer to the OP, the ONLY cup holder is for the front passenger.

Just to remind you all, the Cactus was designed for the modern driver's "bare necessities" following the 2CV footsteps and hence its low price.
Anyway, every time i feel that I miss something, I remember the price tag ... and smile (-:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Adrian said:
Additionally we've gotten on to the whole you ought not to drink, butter toast, apply makeup, shave your legs, make calls, (edit; take photos of other people driving!), thing which everyone knows should not be done but everyone knows that just about everyone does.

The OP only asked an innocent and very valid question and I don't think they deserve to have the community police cite the law nor condemn them for asking. Ease up a little eh?
I can honestly say I don't do any of those whilst driving. Some of those are illegal for starters and can cause horrendous accidents.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Primekart said:
OK then. In direct answer to the OP, the ONLY cup holder is for the front passenger.

Just to remind you all, the Cactus was designed for the modern driver's "bare necessities" following the 2CV footsteps and hence its low price.
Anyway, every time i feel that I miss something, I remember the price tag ... and smile (-:
Which cars are you comparing it to, price wise?

As for the 2cv analogy. Even the feel model has plenty of kit. And a cup holder costs nothing, the designer of the console made a square and a circle, instead of two circles :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Primekart said:

Which cars are you comparing it to, price wise?

As for the 2cv analogy. Even the feel model has plenty of kit. And a cup holder costs nothing, the designer of the console made a square and a circle, instead of two circles :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts