Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Does anyone feel the driver seat is not as comfortable as a Citroen seat should be, or it being by far not as comfortable as the other front seat?
I have the misfortune to experience significant lack of comfort while driving - I actually feel the metal frame of the bottom section of the seat while driving.
I asked for the opinion of a Citroen service center "expert" and he agreed that the seat is not comfortable "but there is nothing he can do since it is not faulty".
Strange answer, I am still going to push for a better solution than "just put a pillow on the seat to avoid contact with the metal frame".

Thank you ALL!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I find mine really comfortable, even on longer journeys. Are you, erm, big boned?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Seat comfort is subjective, so the best you could do is try a different Cactus with the same style seats (cloth or leather) and see if the comfort of those seats is better than your vehicle. "The seats in another car are more comfortable than the same seats in my car" is a better argument to try and get a dealer fix than your current "My seats are uncomfortable".

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just done a long motorway run, found seat a lot more comfortable than my previous Sportage and Sorento. No backache. Nice support at sides.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Evilpaul said:
Seat comfort is subjective, so the best you could do is try a different Cactus with the same style seats (cloth or leather) and see if the comfort of those seats is better than your vehicle. "The seats in another car are more comfortable than the same seats in my car" is a better argument to try and get a dealer fix than your current "My seats are uncomfortable".
Sound advice; could be applied to other "faults" :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you ALL!
I am convinced something is out of order with my car's seat - the seat itself, assembly, whatever...
The car I took for a test drive felt excellent.
And although I am overweight I am far from being a excessive punishment for a car seat. I had a Xsara in the past, a Peugeot 406, I just parted ways with a Renault Megane - all these were above the average in term of comfort.
Back to the Citroen Service guys....

·
Registered
626 Posts
You need to get on your hands an knees and have a good look under the seat squab (if you can) and have a poke about. Citroen have previous with seat foam filling failing and collapsing. http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?124542.0

Get it recorded with them if nothing else as any potential warranty claim will be treated as Wear and Tear. It doesnt address the issue of comfort but it covers you in the long term.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm feeling your pain (literally...).

I mentioned this on a previous post and received a selection of stupid responses such as 'why did you buy the car then?' Not very helpful....

It got to the point on long journeys where it was painful. I have since taken the seat out and analysed the problem. For me at least (I am a bit skinny) it is due to the seat base side bolsters being too close together and too firm. creating pressure points. The foam inside the seat is moulded as one, so without taking a blade to it and trimming it down, and without having to resew the covering, which is very fitted I managed to insert a layer of 20mm foam between the seat foam and the seat springs.

This has made a noticeable difference, more due to the fact that the side bolsters are a little lower in relationship to the seat base than the additional cushioning the new foam offers.

And you can't really tell the difference visually.

i hope they this is of assistance.

·
Registered
328 Posts
redleader said:
I'm feeling your pain (literally...).

I mentioned this on a previous post and received a selection of stupid responses such as 'why did you buy the car then?' Not very helpful....

I understand completely, I've been spat at too when I've dared raise an opinion about the beloved cactus, even a whole post from a guy called Mark to have me removed ;)

I find the seat really comfy though, I wish it had lumber support, but it's one of the long list of deletions for a light/budget car. I bought a memory foam cushion from Halfords for that, no problem.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I fine that the seat is ok on mine and 3 different sizes of people driving it have no trouble. As mine is a very early model maybe the design could have changed. We will have to work out between us and see if there has been any changes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi.

From what you describe the fault is unacceptable,

Suggest try another vehicle to see if it gives the same problem when sat in seat.

If problem confirmed ask the dealer to speak with Citroen to get it sorted and id needed ask dealer to submit a CRI ( Quality report )

Hope this helps.

Manturian

·
Registered
47 Posts
I found my back ached after switching to my Cactus after a couple of days driving. I've ended up buying one of these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Medipaq®-Ultimate-Breathable-Lumbar-Cushion/dp/B00HZ8D5G6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1448834647&sr=8-3&keywords=Medipaq®

It seems to have worked for me and stopped the ache giving improved lumber support. I initially tried a Halfords one which was more expensive but even more unconformable.
Not entirely happy that buying a new car resulted in physical pain but its a solution :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts