Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, spotted a white driving school cactus in the Stanley area of co. durham. what a great car to learn in I thought. could this be the first driving school cactus or has anybody else seen one.

Registered
Hello yellow in Exeter June
Racing red in Barnstaple August

Registered
White one in Peterborough, my boss's son is learning to drive in one and has been raving about how good it is to drive, so much so he informed me he was tempted to get one for himself.

Registered
spinner said:
White one in Peterborough, my boss's son is learning to drive in one and has been raving about how good it is to drive, so much so he informed me he was tempted to get one for himself.
Is that the boss or the son or both tempted to buy one? ;)

Registered
I'm a driving instructor and I've taken delivery of my Cactus today...
Looking forward to seeing how my pupils adapt to the car after my DS3, which has been great car (in fact, my final test in the DS3 today got zero faults!!)

Will post a pic with the roofsign on shortly...

Registered
I am glad that you have finally got your new car Cloud 9. You should get an average of 60mpg and such a comfortable car too. Have you seen the police car on YouTube, very snazzy.

Registered
Snazzy ;)

Attachments

Registered
Nice.....looks very smart. Probably no panoramic option on that one :D

Took mine for a 40 mile drive last night and averaged 72 mpg on the display....just had one pupil today (who loved the car) and averaged around 65 mpg, so fairly happy so far.

Registered
Gear change indicator, digital speedo, rear view camera and comfy seat; today's learners have it all, compared to an Austin A40 :(

Registered
The2ems said:
How do the learners get on with the clutch?
Actually, the clutch is one of the best features for learners...it's really light - much easier to control than my previous DS3 :)
It's a much nicer car to drive in my opinion, as everything feels easier. I'm hoping the lack of reach adjustment on the steering wheel won't be an issue with taller pupils; I'm fairly sure it won't though, as it was used with a very small number of people in the previous car. Also, the lack of a rev counter was a concern when I was first considering the Cactus...but I'm of the opinion now that it will be beneficial for pupils to 'listen' more to the sound of the engine rather than relying on a dial.
And the digital speedo is great both for the pupils - also I can see it from my side so don't need a dual speedo unlike the DS3... :D

Registered
Yes we saw one in Rochester. How do they get the signage to go over the airbumps?. It is a very easy car to drive with a light touch to the clutch and steering so its not surprising its a driving school car.

Registered
Cloud9,

On the height question, I am 6ft 3in / 185cm, and my first concern was whether I would fit in. While the demonstrator was being readied I sat in the showroom model to get a feel for it, because if I was not going to fit, then there would be no need to take the demonstrator for a run, and no sale.

I found that I got a comfortable driving position quite quickly by adjusting the seat height, moving the seat back and adjusting the steering wheel height until everything was just right. I tested it again on my longer 4 hour test drive and it was fine.

Steve

Registered
Mellowyellow said:
Cloud9,

On the height question, I am 6ft 3in / 185cm, and my first concern was whether I would fit in.

Steve
Ah, that's good to know Steve - I had a couple of tall pupils in the DS3 including one at 6'3"...and I was just a little concerned without the reach adjustment it might be an issue. That's put my mind at rest on that one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts