Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Local dealer informed me today that the e-HDi 92 ETG6 engine option has been discontinued. Apparently the only auto option now is the PureTech 82 which I don't want. Has anyone else heard about this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My reason for not wanting the petrol is the economy more than anything else. I have a C4 diesel ETG at the moment which is great.

Apparently they can no longer order the diesel but I too noticed that it's still on the configurator. Officially the change happens April 1st I believe. Strange!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Confirmed by another dealer, it can no longer be ordered! No one seems to know why but perhaps there will be a BlueHDi auto?

·
Registered
472 Posts
To be honest I can't understand anyone still going for diesel engines now. They're desperately trying to make them green by putting all sorts of sensors/filters/additives in them. Now the governments trying to discourage buying now they've realised how dirty they still are. Nobody read the reports or seen the info about what France is intending to do concerning diesel engines ?? Not building any more after a few years and not allowing diesel vehicles in to Paris closely followed by other major cities. Diesel isn't that economic now when you factor in total cost, price per ltr etc etc. This is why so many places now have LEZ , personaly I wouldn't have one given me now, a bit like a white elephant I think

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was confirmed today by Citroen UK customer care.

I live in Malta at the moment

Although I ordered my car in March, it has not been 'extracted' (i.e. confirmed and given a slot by Citroen) , and the approximate production date is the 2nd week of May.

I'm totally gutted the order might have to be cancelled, and given CO2 tax system here, and that I have already given my old car for scrap to be given a tax rebate, I cant get the auto petrol as its above 99g. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
3 Posts
sulley said:
Hi everyone. Local dealer informed me today that the e-HDi 92 ETG6 engine option has been discontinued. Apparently the only auto option now is the PureTech 82 which I don't want. Has anyone else heard about this?
Same problem here post-order, the 82bhp is too slow and I need an auto. Problem is my car was ordered already a month ago and is on the production waiting list scheduled for May/June. I already put a deposit and scrapped a car to get a rebate. It seems Citroen didn't 'extract' the order int he past 5 weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone.
I ordered the flair model with the e-HDi 92 ETG6 engine in December 2014, received the car in march 2015. There was no mention of this eng; being discontinued by the dealer. However I was not happy with my order when I arrived to pick it up.
The wrong alloy wheels were supplied, no LED interior mood lighting that was advertised as standard and no Gloss black rear insert with grey 'Cactus' lettering which I also ordered. Still waiting for the correct alloys to be fitted.

To me I would not be surprised if they cancelled this eng. without informing the customer as it seems they cannot get even the basics right. My advise is to pester them to make sure of all the details of your order.
Despite all of this I am very happy with the car.

Proton22

·
Registered
3 Posts
On a slightly different note, I was also told yesterday that the Mellow Yellow colour was being discontinued - but they couldn't tell me which would now be the 'free' colour.

·
Registered
3 Posts
But they found me one and with upgraded wheels and privacy glass too as I wanted. 5 days from visiting the dealer to picking up my brand new car - that's good service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts