Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

Registered
Hi.
I've been reading through and I'm after some advice please.
I have a 15plate cactus and I'm now experiencing the same faults you have explained. The urea light came on for a top up the before we topped up the engine warning light came on and now the service light is on. I havent had my cap changed and wasn't aware of the problems you have mentioned until I've read this post. I'm going to contact citroen or Arnold Clarke where it was purchased but they seem to not want to answer the phone 馃檮 so I was just wondering if anyone has managed to get it repaired through them without a large bill because of the fault with the cap? I can hear the pump going regularly from the boot so unsure if we are too late to just change the cap. I've had the car 2.5 years so assuming any warranty would be gone. I've had all services done at arnold Clarke. Thanks

Registered
The problem you have is that the faulty cap should have been replaced at least 2 years ago, and if it had there may not have been an issue. I would guess the car hasn't been into Citroen, otherwise it would have been done.. The link between the cap and the tank fault would be difficult to prove.

I replied to someone else on a different forum who has this issue, and he has very sensibly maintained the Citroen warranty, so he has avoided a bill of over 拢1000. I would recommend anyone who has a diesel Citroen and has had it regularly serviced should pay ~拢250 for a year's warranty, it could save you a fortune.

Registered
Routemaster1 thank you for the reply.
I brought the car on finance in jan 2018 and just took out the service&mot plan with arnold clarke I don't know much about cars so didn't even think about warranty with citroen.
I'm guessing I'm stuffed then and gonna end up with the massive bill 馃檮 should it not of been picked up on the services from arnold or would it of only be done through citroen, I'd of thought they would of been aware of this fault aswell.
If I can hear the pump going alot more regular does it mean its gone? Ive ordered a new cap from what I've seen on photos I've ordered the vent one but I imagine I'm past that point now several years down the line

Registered
My C4 has just come up with emissions areo fault. Took it to citroen garage here in spain and dianosed adblue tank & pump US!
Thought christ thats gonna cost, but surprise surprise, citroen are paying. Car is 4 years old in nov with 26k on the clock.
So as someone has previously mentioned.......inherent fault ?

Registered
I'm going through the same problem.

spacyzuma said:
I just got a quote from Robins & Day (Glasgow).
I'm being charged 拢252 for 2 sets of diagnostic tests, and a total of 拢1483 to fix the car. They say the problem is the Urea Reservoir which needs to be replaced.
spacyzuma said:
I bought my car August 2019. Since then, I've taken it to the garage more than 5 times because of repeated issues with the AdBlue/exhaust system.
Recently, the Check Engine light came on again. I used by OBDII reader to check the error codes and the errors are:
U029D - Lost communications with NOX Sensor A
U029E - Lost communications with NOX Sensor B

Also, a distance countdown is now displayed on the dashboard. It's currently at 600 miles.
I took it to the garage again last week. They checked the NOX Sensors, which are fine. I paid 拢72 for an electrician to inspect/test the NOX Sensor cabling to the ECU and this was his diagnosis:
"COMMUNICATION FAULT ON THE CAN LIE TO THE NOX SENSOR.
CHECKED NOX SENSOR FOR OPERATION - CHECKED OUT OK.
CHECKED ALL WIRES FROM MULTI-PLUG TO ECU FOR CONTINUITY - ALL CHECKED OUT OK.
CAN LINE SHOWING FLUCTUATING VOLTAGE SUGGESTING THERE IS A FAULT IN THE ENGINE ECU.
CAR WILL NEED TO GO BACK TO THE DEALER FOR THESE REPAIRS."

I've booked an appointment in 2 weeks with the nearest Citroen dealer. It'll cost 拢84 just to assess the problem, and I assume a lot more to fix it. The car is 5 years old and out of warranty.

Registered
Just wondering how you got on with this and what the outcome was? My car is also in Robins & Day Glasgow for the same issue.

spacyzuma said:

spacyzuma said:
I'm being charged 拢252 for 2 sets of diagnostic tests, and a total of 拢1483 to fix the car. They say the problem is the Urea Reservoir which needs to be replaced.
spacyzuma said:
I bought my car August 2019. Since then, I've taken it to the garage more than 5 times because of repeated issues with the AdBlue/exhaust system.
Recently, the Check Engine light came on again. I used by OBDII reader to check the error codes and the errors are:

Also, a distance countdown is now displayed on the dashboard. It's currently at 600 miles.
I took it to the garage again last week. They checked the NOX Sensors, which are fine. I paid 拢72 for an electrician to inspect/test the NOX Sensor cabling to the ECU and this was his diagnosis:
CAN LINE SHOWING FLUCTUATING VOLTAGE SUGGESTING THERE IS A FAULT IN THE ENGINE ECU.

I've booked an appointment in 2 weeks with the nearest Citroen dealer. It'll cost 拢84 just to assess the problem, and I assume a lot more to fix it. The car is 5 years old and out of warranty.

Registered
Hi. I was charged about 拢1250 to replace the Urea tank/reservoir. I haven't done it yet due to payment issues.
I've been told it's a few-hours job. As soon as I pay, they'll order the parts needed.

rosevero said:
Just wondering how you got on with this and what the outcome was? My car is also in Robins & Day Glasgow for the same issue.

spacyzuma said:

spacyzuma said:
spacyzuma said:

Registered
Wow, just found this thread (and the insane amounts of threads that come back just when you search for "UREA" on this forum)...

My service place also recommends me to replace the entire Adblue tank. How badly did Citroen screw this car up with the Adblue crap?

And everyone paid out of their own pockets? No recalls or admission of fault from Citroen?

Registered
I do believe so. Although my Cactus was one of the last 18 plate turbo diesels, to be sold before the latest rooflifted ones, without the air grumps. or Turbo diesel option.
All touched with the same brush, as they share the same floorpan. Some ancillaries wait until the warranty has expired (Three to five years) dependant on mileage, servicing pack. Some go gay earlier on you, or as you get over 30.000miles.
Particularly strange in my case, the time the service is due (should be 10.000miles) my Cactus was set at 4500miles by the people who sold it to me from new, and as I got to that mileage the car started to run very suspiciously (going slow, not picking up when the turbo was on wouldn't drive much faster than 80mph down a hill) when it was serviced (not by Citro毛n at 6800miles) and the mileage service interval was set to 16. 000 miles, the Cactus instantly started to wizz along as usual, and didn't feel that I was towing a laden caravan no more.
Fuc&ing Citreon software huh :roll: Glad I got someone to modify it :mrgreen: once the warranty had expired. Got fed up seeing the orange service light, red flashing warning, to take it to the nearest local Citro毛n dealer to buy some illegal drugs :lol:

Registered
Hi I have an issue now with the nox emissions urea light that's on. Its under a extended warranty. So the told me after I had a diagnostics done with my garage and paid. That the garage where I bought it have to do a diagnostics so I paid another 140. Then garage came back and told me the warranty people want a more detailed diagnostics and charged me 140 again. Now they came back to me today 2 months after I had it in for first diagnostics to say they Cover the nox but mot the filter not sure what it is but it's 600 euro yust for part. Is this not all connected to the adblue tank pump. We heard something like a motor that seased up one day undernthe car. Can anyone help me please?

61 - 71 of 71 Posts