Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I found out today there is no cover below engine. Actually that's quite bad as during winter inside gets a lot of dirt and salt.
So I bought one and will install when arrives.

Has anyone upgraded that part of a car?

Best,
Zbigniew

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
It is standard on the 110hp Turbo and on the diesel, at least here in Israel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great link, thanks. Can you say whether there is just one size for all engine types? Must get one before next winter!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys selling that covers don't differ them at all - they just say they fit Citroen C4 Cactus. So I guess this is standard part for all Cactuses.

However really just let me mount the one I ordered to check if these are really OK. I once bought not genuine cover for Avensis and it didn't fit that well.
I ordered that yesterday - should arrive in the beginning of next week.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It's standard on the BlueHDi 100 in Denmark also. I don't know if that counts for the petrol models as well

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just had a look to double check and yes my 110 Flair has got the undertray fitted on a 64 plate.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Softrider said:
It's standard on the BlueHDi 100 in Denmark also. I don't know if that counts for the petrol model as well
I think that standard for all models except petrol 82hp.

emperorzbigniew said:
Guys selling that covers don't differ them at all - they just say they fit Citroen C4 Cactus. So I guess this is standard part for all Cactuses.

However really just let me mount the one I ordered to check if these are really OK. I once bought not genuine cover for Avensis and it didn't fit that well.
I ordered that yesterday - should arrive in the beginning of next week.
A "how to" with a couple of pics would be great :D

Thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
emperorzbigniew said:
Hi,

I found out today there is no cover below engine. Actually that's quite bad as during winter inside gets a lot of dirt and salt.
So I bought one and will install when arrives.

Has anyone upgraded that part of a car?

Best,
Zbigniew
My eHDi92 has the cover fitted as standard. It looks a little different to the one in the photo as there appears to be a metallised layer on it (on the side facing the engine/gearbox).

I suspect that it may also play a part in the economy figures for the car, as a smoother surface will give rise to less drag...

Between covers missing under the fusebox and missing undertrays, there seem to have been several reports recently in the forum about missing bits... Might be worth asking Citroën about it?

·
Registered
344 Posts
The idea of fitting the cover was to reduce the noise from the engine particularly the Dirty Diesels.

if you look on your Log Book (V5 in the UK) there is a drive by noise measurement. Its part of the noise suppression.

it also stops a lot of clagg covering the bottom of the engine (and half shafts)

in the old days we used to make them out of 1/4 inch steel and call them sump guards :lol:
given the state of the roads in the UK perhaps not a bad idea now :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, simply speaking, 82 KM version probably has not.
(or mine only :D)

It's easiest to go and see if you see the ground through your engine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My 1,2 PT 82 Feel ETG 5 haven't got the bottom cover :(...
Going to talk to my mechanic when it´s going to service this month, many the can install one ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I talked to Citroen local dealer today. Well - he said there is no cover in this version (82HP) of the car.

Additionally I got to know there are some additional brackets apart from the cover. However I will try to mount the cover itself (I have it now but still waiting for clamps/bolts).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi,

I did it. It takes about an hour and is quite simple. Cover fits relatively well however some small drilling/cutting was needed.
I prepared a PDF file with comments like example page below however I have to host it elsewhere as no PDF file can be uploaded here.

Here's the story how-to: http://www.zbigniew-piatek.internetdsl.pl/cactus_engine_cover.pdf
Here's alternative link: http://www.salonjanki.pl/cactus_engine_cover.pdf

I've bought the cover here: http://allegro.pl/listing/listing.php?order=m&string=cactus+os%C5%82ona+silnika&bmatch=s0-uni-1-4-0613

Cheers,
Zbyszek

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks - great work!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts