Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First post and it's a cry for help. I've done a site search and noticed a few other posts which are similar but my problem appears a bit different hence the new post.

I have a 2015 Cactus C4. I bought it with 3000 miles. Within 2 weeks oil warning lights were displaying. Turns out the dealer had installed the dpf back to front!!

Now, 3000 or so miles after that was fixed I had an engine warning light / service light come on immediately followed by an 'Emissions' warning and an orange Urea light which has remained on.

Unlike others I have not had this 750 mile countdown warning show up.

The lights came one yesterday after I had driven 200 miles in the morning and then made the return journey last night. Even taking into account my occasional short journeys this seems quick for the Adblue to be empty. If the fault is simply the Adblue needs filling up shouldn't I get the 750 mile countdown display?

Any other possibilities of what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Gareth

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'd def take it to the dealer for some ad blue. They do sell it in Tesco but we were told only to use the stuff recommended by Citroen. We had the urea light come on with no warning too - turns out the dealer had missed TWO opportunities to top it up when we had it serviced.

If you do have an ad blue leak it shows up like artificial snow.

·
Registered
626 Posts
^Beat me to it by a minute!

Before you do anything pop along to your nearest garage (or dealer) and buy yourself a large bottle of AdBlue. Without doing a dip test you do not know how much AdBlue is in the AdBlue tank.

Assuming that the level is low you could find yourself stranded as IIRC you only get a certain amount of miles after which the car will refuse to start. The manual provides the details on this.

Once the tank is full (instructions in the manual) then you will be able to confidently run tests to see if the error lights are simply a symptom of a low AdBlue tank or something more sinister.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not to be picky but isn't Adblue a registered trademark.
In which case Citroen's Adblue has to meet the same spec as the trade mark or it will be illegal.
Anything claiming to be Adblue really should be Adblue (if you know what I mean)
I don't use it (didn't know what it was until I started looking for a new car) but I've seen it in our local haulage companies shop for around £20 for 10Litres.

just might be £20 well spent!

·
Registered
1 Posts
gw18and5 said:
Thanks for the quick replies. Hopefully it's an easy fix.
Hi,

Just wondering if topping up the adblue fixed your problem as I've just had the same errors come up on my C4 Cactus.

Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
extranormal said:
gw18and5 said:
Thanks for the quick replies. Hopefully it's an easy fix.
Hi,

Just wondering if topping up the adblue fixed your problem as I've just had the same errors come up on my C4 Cactus.

Thanks
If you have these warnings, and topping up with Adblue doesn't solve the problem it is likely to be either the pump or a sensor in the exhaust system. The tank has a capacity of 17L, so if you can't get a 10L container full in, then there is a issue. On restarting the system resets itself, so after a restart you should soon know if there is a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts