Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

So i have a 1.2 puretech 82 engine, which is fine for the most part, but i have noticed sometimes the engine, in any gear seems a lot louder than usual, and when this happens, gear changes seem less smooth, and clunkier. There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to when or why it happens. I thought it might have something to do with the a/c, but on or off it doesn't seem to make a difference. It seems to be happening a lot more now than it used to. Does anyone else have this issue? If it is even an issue at all? :?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think that if it were mine I would get them to check gearbox oil. Other than that I'm sure someone soon will give you their ideas, one for Rich in Bristol maybe?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thanks Jack!... ;)

My guess is that you are still getting acustomed to the car.... how long have you had it?

The only technical reason (and I'm no guru!)I can think of is down to atmospherics, fueling, pollution control systems contained within the car (various electrovalves and canister filters will switch on and off, shuttle) and the ECU trying to accomodate all and more of the above.

How new is the car or how many miles have you covered? If new, the engine will still (although not technically necessary) "breaking in", or if due an oil change fresh oil may help. That said I have noticed that my HDi Blue is noticably quieter when the outside temp is cold e.g. below 5deg c.

WRT to the gearchange...I have noticed that the clutch pedal feel in mine depends on what I have on my feet. Shoes the feel is good, trainers and the pedal feel is lumpy imprecise and difficult to control. Also the height of the seat makes a difference too....but I am 6'2" and bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts