Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I picked my cactus up a few weeks ago, but as my lease car only went back last week, I wasn't driving it every day. I have noticed that the car feels like it is stuttering slightly - particularly when I take my foot off the gas and at low revs. I am also noticing it hates going up to 4th gear at anything below 38-40 mph. Anyone else found this? :?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I took my week old cactus on a 600km round trip over the weekend. It drove well. Towards the end of the trip I had to slow right down at one point due to heavy traffic. Then come to a stop and move slowly. I did notice it a little jumpy shifting between first and second and releasing the accelerator in second but nothing to worry about I don't think.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

I've had something similar in 3rd gear when slowing down, the car starts to 'bounce' on the clutch as though it is going to stall. I've got used to it now after a couple of months. I'm seeing this as just a 'feature' of the car rather than a fault, it just needs adjustment of your driving style, rather than anything else.

I don't know if this is the same issue as you've had Luga, only in a different gear?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I think my original problems were just me getting used to the car, but I do get a lot of 'feedback' through the wheel, particularly at higher speed. Even on the smoothest of roads it feels slightly bumpy....it will be due for it's first service in September so I will take it in august prior to it's next big adventure (or the family holiday in Devon, where we will see if we can cope with just the boot and no roof box!) I saw an identical colour combination in Chesterfield today, so hello if it was anyone on here!

·
Registered
129 Posts
These might be side effects of ultra ultra lean fuelling needed for next generation emissions levels. The engine computer is injecting the bare minimum to keep it running, in the 'good old days' engines would get an extra slug of fuel when the accelerator was depressed to stop this happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts