Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an engine temperature gauge on the cactus - I cannot see one but thought I would ask - I did look in manual but could not find a mention either

Registered
Page 31 warning light only :(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stuzilla said:
The last car not to have a temperature gauge was the Mk1 Golf. Oh well, that's progress :x
Yeah but the cactus is in a whole new world of its own.....

Registered
The MINI Countryman which I replaced with the Cactus didn't have a temperature gauge either.

Registered
My last C3 only had a blue warning light until it got hot then it went out. Nothing on the Cactus I'm afraid only if it overheats.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark said:
My last C3 only had a blue warning light until it got hot then it went out. Nothing on the Cactus I'm afraid only if it overheats.
Well its no hardship in normal use its really only in the winter when you know not to labour the engine to much if its cold

Registered
The temperature gauge on most vehicles relates to the water temperature which has nothing to do with the oil temperature which is the important bit when "warming up". A warning light is fine, what you get on most motorcycles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
markfoz said:
The temperature gauge on most vehicles relates to the water temperature which has nothing to do with the oil temperature which is the important bit when "warming up". A warning light is fine, what you get on most motorcycles.
Yes you are right but I suppose even a water temp gauge gives some idea of how warm the engine is getting

But like I say - not a problem :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts