Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've recently got a nearly new Cactus C4 from a local dealership.

Never noticed this until now so I would ask the fellow "automatic" owners for advise.

Is there a way to switch off the "Creep function" ?

I almost swear I did not notice this when I got it from the dealer and during the test drive and for the last few days of ownership.

Thanks,
Vangelis

·
Registered
266 Posts
As far as I know, there is no way to switch it off - nor would I want to... It only comes into play when you release either the foot or handbrake.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's been a long time since I had an automatic car but won't an auto always creep? It's always going to pull whilst in gear unless you put it into neutral.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is definitely not on Fiat's Dialogic gearboxes which is also a semi-automatic concept

Reading about it looks like it was added recently , i.e. on ETG series boxes compared to older EGS or Sensodrive ones.

I can certainly see where it can be useful, kind of "creepy" when i've first realised it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
All automatic cars creep.

Once in D an auto is the same as sticking a manual in 1st and pulling your foot off the clutch.

If your stopped for any length of time you should select N to save strain and over heating the gearbox.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Cymro said:
All automatic cars creep.

Once in D an auto is the same as sticking a manual in 1st and pulling your foot off the clutch.

If your stopped for any length of time you should select N to save strain and over heating the gearbox.
Not true with the EGS box, which is a manual box but the clutch and gear change taken care of by the computer. The creep function is totally disengaged when either the footbrake or handbrake is applied. The EGS box in the C4 was similar, but did not have the 'creep' function. My wife's old Aygo had the creep function (again semi-auto), but her Up (again automated manual like the Aygo) does not. It is very useful if you use the Park Assist function (assuming your Cactus has it :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's got to be strange to get used to. At least that will save the gearbox a lot of stress.

Just need to remember to use the foot brake or handbrake all the time then. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts