Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having trouble reversing up hills ?. Mine smells like the clutch plate is burning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey there folks . ref ETG PLATE and other things

I just took my cactus out for a days driving around the coast of wales , found myself having to reverse up a country hill ,which i may say is rather difficult in this car , i once prided myself on my reversing abilities :) Anyway a smell i had been smelling when ever i reversed became almost over powering and long lasting to the point of me taking it in to Bridgend citroen on my way home to ask if this was something i should worry more about , i was told that in some cases they have had to replace the transmission , the service guy came out to the car to see if there was a cause other than the transmission , where he commented on the still very horrible smell outside of the car coming from the engine area . I almost did not buy this car for its very let us say, auto gear changing , i was assured by the sales person ( HA!) that i would get used to it , a year on and i most definitely am not used to it , it will jump from a stop position at times and not at others , down shifting can be tricky too , on a hill it wants to sometimes just stay in 1st , yes there are paddles to up gear but i guess im used to a automatic that knows which gear to be in . The stop start is ok but engine kicks in if the battery is lower than 70% which seems kinda counter intuitive and happens a lot if the fan or any accessory is on . Hill assist is iffy , the grade of hill has to be pretty steep and is only 3 seconds long , not to sure why that would be . Oh yer ,,,, i have the version that has the head rails ,,, has anyone been doing say over 50 mpg on a motorway with a head wind and come across very i pitched whistling , i just did a drive on the M4 from Swansea where it whistled all the way to Cardiff . One last thing , on uneven roads or wet roads i find the tires slipping and not keeping a safe feel on the road .

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
We have the hill assist on ours and it works great and 3 seconds is easily enough time to pull away.

Not noticed and whistling and we have the roof rails......

I do think it can be a bit of a lottery with these cars if you get a good one or not

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes indeed over all i like the car ,,, if it were just one thing i could be a bit more forgiving , was supposed to have it in the bridgend service dept had booked it in almost 3 weeks ago then i get a call from them yesterday saying i had to reschedule due to their only auto loner car being with another customer , i went to them due to getting rather unresponsive attention at swansea dealership , who may i say do not have a auto loner to help out us auto only people . hey ho ,,, well i guess friday car is starting to stick ,much like my letter T key on my key board -;). thanks for the comments ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.