Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ETG6 Gearbox:

I have had my cactus for a week now and everything is great, really impressed with it all. Just a question about the gearbox if anyone knows the answer: Basically I have changed from a seat Leon 2.0 tdi DSG to a cactus ETG - I know the difference in the two boxes, but I'm finding it strange getting used to the jolt when the car changes gear. Is there any way of teaching the gearbox or reset / update software to make for a smoother gear change??

Also my cactus is fully loaded and came with an upgraded sound system. I have played around with the settings and cant seem to get a good balance at all with the music. There is either too much bass or rattle with vocals. Any suggestions??

Thanks Sam

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hard reset the gearbox, find a quiet straight piece of road then from rest accelerate hard through the gears then drive normally. It worked for me still get it slightly but nothing like it was. Also if you lift off the accelerator as it changes it helps as well.

G

·
It's strange about the ETG6 box. In the press reviews you were suggested to keep clear of it but I really need an auto/semi auto but I have ETG5 on a petrol. Mine is really silky smooth, on most occasions you don't even feel it change. The salesperson said it adjusts to your own style of driving.. I would say my driving style is average, not boy racer but then not a Sunday afternoon driver.

On my old C4 forum a few people did what johnC suggested and noticed a positive difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Sam

I find the sound system on the Flair to be quite good. It does take a little perseverance with the sound settings to make it sound better though.
For really good sound I suggest getting Spotify to stream music from your phone. This has an EQ facility and you can tune the sound to suit the cars acoustics.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses people, much appreciated.

I have heard of the hard reset, but I'm a bit unsure on whether to try it as its a brand new engine. I like to run it in a bit for 3000-5000 miles or so. I was reading it adjust to your own driving style, I might run the engine in and then do a hard reset. Any suggestions / opinions??

Thanks for the idea about spotify I will try it out. I have loaded a memory stick with my music and that seems to stream better. When I use the Bluetooth connection the sound isn't as good. I was considering getting a under seat sub to take out the base from the speakers, don't know how hard that is to install.

Also this morning I have notice a rather loud whistle in the car on the motorway, I have looked at the door seals and one is shorter than the other. So I'm going to get that checked out and I hope by extending the drivers door seal should cancel out the whistle.

Cheers
Sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.