Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am looking to purchase a car and since we need to close the sale by end of the month i don't have the option to wait for a new custom one.

I have found two dealers who are offering a petrol ETG at about 10% discount with 9K Km and a diesel ETG with about 8% discount with 6K Km.

I do not find that to be huge motivator to go for the ex-demo as I would have expected bigger discounts but what are your opinions?

Thanks
V

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John

I forgot to mention that I won't be buying in the UK

Unfortunately buying a car online is not an option in Greece however I'm still looking at various options from independent dealers but they can only get me a tiny discount.

The diesel ETG has an extra 1000Euro discount this month probably for trying to shift all of their Euro 5 cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello from Bulgaria. Same situation here, buy ex-demo car on 11 000 km / 11 months old and the dealer gave us around 20 % discount.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My ex demo was about 4 months old when I purchased it for 20% off the book price. It had done about 3000 miles. (I am in the UK.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys that's very helpful.

I'll try to negotiate but if I don't get a considerable discount I might get the one of the new preconfigured cars that are already in the country (usually Feel edition)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Mine was a HDI Flair 64 plate list price with goodies £19K, got it for £15K in April. Less than 1,000 miles on clock.

John

·
Registered
57 Posts
hi, I also got a 64 plate hdi flair. purple with white roof rails, door mirrors and cactus decals, upgraded black alloys, part leather seats and the panoramic roof. it had 14000 miles on clock and the salesman said it had been used by one of the their managers. he told me it was a £19k plus car. after a bit of haggling we agreed on £13500. my advice to anybody is always buy cars 1 year old as you can save loads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your replies, that makes sense when you get a considerable saving.

So the discounts range from 20% to 30% depending on mileage

I just saw another one today, petrol ETG with 10K km on the clock and 11 months old with about 20% discount (with September offer prices on the petrol cars). I do have about 3 different to follow up from various dealers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts