Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm expecting delivery of my new company lease car - a Cactus Bluehdi Flair - on Thursday.

Never seen these before I was offered one, but super excited the last few weeks waiting for it to come through.

Couple of questions for the existing owners though...

1) Being a lease car I have to give it back in a couple of years in good condition. We have a particularly hairy labrador - can anyone suggest a good fitted backseat cover to keep his hair under control? I know there's an official Citroen set but they look pretty pricey...

2) Any opinions on the rubber versus carpet mats?

3) The car has a built in sat nav - how good is it? I currently use a Garmin, wondering whether to let my mother in law have this or should I hang on if the built in one is sub-par...?

Thanks!

Steve

Registered
1. Shave the dog ;)

Registered
I can only answer one - the sat nav is excellent. We didn't trust it at first and kept using our Tom Tom but use it all the time now. Just enter the postcode in the city field and off you go!

We still haven't worked out how to empty previous destinations tho. Did it once but can't remember how! Anybody??

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for confirming! :)

I'm intrigued, so many people posted about deleting previous destinations? Where is everyone going that's so exciting/secretive?

Mrsstuzilla said:
I can only answer one - the sat nav is excellent. We didn't trust it at first and kept using our Tom Tom but use it all the time now. Just enter the postcode in the city field and off you go!

We still haven't worked out how to empty previous destinations tho. Did it once but can't remember how! Anybody??

Registered
2) With a dog you will no doubt be taking it in the car to places for walks?

This time of year I'd opt for rubber mats as they are easier to dry and clean.

I've got the OEM carpet mats (rubber backed) in mine and they are ok but I'd imagine they'd not take much of a beating with wet muddy feet. If you are sure you want carpet mats, places like Halfords do reasonably cheap rubber ones which could see you through the winter.

Registered
I am looking at getting a bootbuddy..... completly over priced but it has amazing reviews. Had thought about putting my 2 dogs on the back seat and seatbelting them in but not quite decided yet. I have been mulling over the decision for ages as i hate the dogs being in the boot ( they will get the brunt of a rear crash) however having stinky wet dogs means no wet fabric on the back seats. http://www.boot-buddy.com/citroen/c4-cactus-14-present

Registered
Why not lower back seat and try to secure ( as it doesn't fold flat and probably bounces up and down) with elastic clips? And cover entire back/boot with a doggie blanket/sheet.
They can get in and out the back doors AND they will have their own flap out windows ;)

Registered
Its too dangerous not to have your dog secured for both them and humans. Even a very small dog can kill passengers with the force of a collision

Registered
Sorry - last time I had a dog in a car it didn't have seat belts for me :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts