Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today didn't turn out how I expected when I got a flat tyre that couldn't be repaired. As it had done 20,000 miles I opted to have two new fronts and the electronic balancing thingy done. £250 worse off this evening than I was yesterday!

Went for the pirellis. Would have liked the good years to match the back but they only had one of those in stock.

Times like this I really wish I'd had the space saver spare I haven't got around to getting yet. :? The breakdown recovery man said the bottle of gunk to repair tyres was less than useless!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Indeed, many years ago I hit a huge pothole at 6am on a February morning on the way to the gym - the wheel was bent rendering the tyre gunk useless and leaving me stranded in my shorts and T-Shirt for 2 hours. I won't ever suffer not having a spare again.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I count myself lucky then. Not sure who was driving at the time but our front o/s tyre must have hit a pot-hole or kerb at speed as the tyre sidewall was sporting an impressive bulge.

Just 4000 miles and no obvious wear yet it had to be replaced. Took a few days for our local National Tyres to get the correct tyre in and the fitter then forgot (or didn't know) to reset the sensor alert which then gave me a worry when it flashed up five minutes down the road. Turns out it's very easy..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Definitely a spare wheel is a must - the state of some roads is really bad, and quite often the repair kit is useless. In my opinion having a spare should be a legal requirement on the part of car manufacturers instead of trying to save money. In my profession, a spare is an absolute essential!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm definitely going to go back to the dealer and request one. Just a shame I can't get the full sized steel in the boot as that would be ideal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What do you mean Claire with not being able to get a full sized wheel in? If I remember correct I have a full size in there... Could check later if you want. Dealer said during delivery it was a full size.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Gss said:
What do you mean Claire with not being able to get a full sized wheel in? If I remember correct I have a full size in there... Could check later if you want. Dealer said during delivery it was a full size.
I have a full size one in my 110 but I believe if you've gone for the diesel there aint no room. You'll have the adblue tank in there.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
Well today didn't turn out how I expected when I got a flat tyre that couldn't be repaired. As it had done 20,000 miles I opted to have two new fronts and the electronic balancing thingy done. £250 worse off this evening than I was yesterday!

Went for the pirellis. Would have liked the good years to match the back but they only had one of those in stock.

Times like this I really wish I'd had the space saver spare I haven't got around to getting yet. :? The breakdown recovery man said the bottle of gunk to repair tyres was less than useless!!!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing :)

I've driven dozens of company cars and you'll be amazed how many don't come with a spare or space saver. Vauxhall Astras for example., come with a compressor in the boot. Like the tyre filler, about as much use as a chocolate teapot!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I try to dodge any potholes I see in the road ( years of cycling has taught me well!) but I'm dreading the day.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gss said:
There is only room for a space saver wheel in the boot as the ad blue tank takes up room underneath.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts