Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a long journey ie Wigan London yesterday when I filled up I looked at my fuel gage and it was reading three quarters full could this be because I've filled it to the brim or could it be faulty in any way

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is from the manual regarding refuelling. I wonder if the "malfunctions" could relate to incorrect fuel level indication.

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Assuming the same type of system is used on the Cactus as the C4 , this is the result of frequent small top ups and one big one (possible overfill).

The problem arises as the gauge is a calculated usage than a physical measure by sender unit in the tank..

It was a problem that affected the C4 Picassos and and an info rapid notice was issued.

In my old C4 I've had the gauge go down and then go back up even though no fuel was put in! :shock:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Filled up again tonight after another trip I took all your advice and yes it as filled up after the third click and shows up full thanks guys and girls you learn something every day

·
Registered
28 Posts
@burky got similar issue as yourself. I have just discovered ingnitation has to be turned off when refueling, plus I shouldn't refuel to often in small amounts and I did that a lot. Now even my tank is full on the screen one bar disappeared.
Tried to fix it disconnected battery, screen reset and even smeg reload.

Dont know what else I can do to fix it. Probably drive for a bit untill when tank will go empty and refuel again? Will it reset itself?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.