Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Cactus is finally here after a months wait..... yesterday went for a long drive. I was positivly surprised with the engine responce and the automatic gear change.... wondering why citroen will not be using this engine any longer.

Till now the downsides......no passenger vanity mirror (wife's complain)
and air vents cant be shut......and air seems to be always flowing... is there a way stop that?!

will make some pictures later on today!

chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another thing i dont like.........at night i cant stick the key in ignition...... it used to light up in my old toyota....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Women!! the first complaint my wife made was no Mirror on the Passengers side... No Problem ..swap the visors.... No go... they must be handed so one needs a LHD Drivers Visor to get the mirror the right way around for RHD Cars ?????... That maybe a problem

·
Registered
25 Posts
ouch can you imagine if if the mirror was in place when the airbag went off - think i would rather have my wife less vain than sliced up by the vanity mirror - suppose it may not be seen as murder but hope you have a compassionate judge!

·
Registered
185 Posts
The airbag is deployed forward and the visor stays in place so hopefully no litigation lol. Thinking further there is a steel rod that could do a bit of damage if the visor was to be disturbed by the airbag.

View attachment 54

;)

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Love the diagram but with our experience of ebay purchases that are meant to stay stuck in the car we are pretty sure that the steel rod would stay put where as the sticky shard of glass would fly lodging itself between eyebrow bone and cheek. Saying that the diagram would be useful in court!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another annoying issue..... the electric windows in the front doors do not have one-touch auto function!

surely it has nothing to do with the weight saving issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just taken mine to France and only had to fill up once per 300 miles which even if it isn't the claimed figures, was awesome compared to our old polo, love the usb connection and, after some issues (namely don't ever press the co route), the sat nav always got us where we wanted. I really like the look of ours and the leather seats, panoramic roof and even parking assist all proved brilliant while we were touring. The best thing for me was that although the 82hp worried me she still went respectably at speed while laid with two tall kids, me and the wife, our baggage and a big shop from carrefours. Even the s and s has become quite normal after a while of wow that's us. Really pleased with the car - hope you all enjoy yours!

·
Registered
48 Posts
You had to fill up once per 300 miles? That means you did 28mpg assuming you had a full tank at the start!
That's making me slightly nervous as to what to expect from mine when it comes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well we still have 3/4 of a tank full and we have filled up twice and it has 674 miles on the clock so its a bit over that but worry away if you want - its a great car must admit we are glad we got the flair though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh I am concerned now, I am planning a trip across Europe and was hoping for atleast 45mpg, filling up every 300 miles is going to be slightly annoying.
Even more worrying is the fact that the consumption is likely going to be worse on shorter trips.
What sort of mpg does the car saying it's giving you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
We have done about half of them on very short journeys before we went away and we are on 42 mpg on the trip computer but I will have to be honest if you prefer a Mondeo that really is the ultimate blend in with the crowd car we would recommend you go for something dull that suits you. After looking at the skoda yeti we thought it was meant to be an abominable snowman not a box for squares. Think you may be better off with that spinner!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have the 82 etg5 and covered approx 1350miles these were mostly short trips with the longest around 37.

Currently returning 45.5mpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
peteanddi said:
Remember Spinner the pricks on a cactus are meant to be on the outside so we hope this puts you off!
Oh you are funny! Don't know why you are being hostile and abusive? I raised a question over fuel economy.
I currently have a Mondeo diesel and the wife has said she liked the look of the cactus so we had a look at them and then ordered one from a broker.
I was simply raising the fact on the economy as it is an extremely long way from what is stated on the official figures and the ones stated in road tests and if you had to fill up every 300 miles is about the same as we used to get from our Abarth 500 ( filling up every 290 miles)

You are coming across like you have aspergers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I get an average of 60 mpg when driving at 70mph and it is the automatic diesel. Averaging now at 55mpg around the town, more than my last C3 diesel and a hell of a lot bigger. I have had mine since January and it was on time at the delivery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
spinner said:
peteanddi said:
Remember Spinner the pricks on a cactus are meant to be on the outside so we hope this puts you off!
Oh you are funny! Don't know why you are being hostile and abusive? I raised a question over fuel economy.
I currently have a Mondeo diesel and the wife has said she liked the look of the cactus so we had a look at them and then ordered one from a broker.
I was simply raising the fact on the economy as it is an extremely long way from what is stated on the official figures and the ones stated in road tests and if you had to fill up every 300 miles is about the same as we used to get from our Abarth 500 ( filling up every 290 miles)

There have already been a few forums on fuel economy which is always lower than the stated official figures. Which if you really wanted to, you could read! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
peteanddi said:
spinner said:
peteanddi said:

There have already been a few forums on fuel economy which is always lower than the stated official figures. Which if you really wanted to, you could read! :D
/Facepalm

There have been lots of posts regarding the diesels, hardly any for the 82bhp petrol and certainly nobody getting less than 30mpg.
You mentioned the fuel consumption, I replied that's how Internet forums work....if you don't want a response then don't write.

And I am well aware of how manufactures figures are always well out due to the nature of how they are taken. What you stated was a cause for concern as you advised of a consumption below 30mpg, when I would be expecting (hoping for) 40-45mpg.

Please try and be sociable, this forum is a place for sharing info and discussion of an exceptionally different and to me atleast exciting car, not for personal insults.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You can adjust the airflow by going into the (top left) aircon/ventilation menu. You can select either Auto - which I personally find far too noisy, or alter the fan speed using + or minus, switch on vents by touching the graphic for that vent, turn aircon on or off, and if you need to do a quick demist, press the demist button under the tablet - it blows air out of all the vents initially, but after a few seconds, only out of the screen vents. It is the fastest demist I have ever known on any car - even with aircon off, it is far faster than my old C4 with aircon on.

My wife always used to complain of a cold nose in the C4 - no longer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts