Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my Cactus 1st service and made a point to the service manager about the firmware update. He said it would automatically be done if there was one, as soon as they plug the laptop in. Before it went in the screen showed SMEG 5.4.A.R9 so I was expecting to see SMEG 5.4.A.R6 as shown on an earlier post. Has anyone else just had a recent 1st service and got same as me or are your figures different ?. :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JohnYoung said:
So yours wasn't updated ?
I'm beginning to think not, hoping some on here have just had a service and has either the same or if different I'll be back to the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
cactusjack said:
Just had my Cactus 1st service and made a point to the service manager about the firmware update. He said it would automatically be done if there was one, as soon as they plug the laptop in. Before it went in the screen showed SMEG 5.4.A.R9 so I was expecting to see SMEG 5.4.A.R6 as shown on an earlier post. Has anyone else just had a recent 1st service and got same as me or are your figures different ?. :?:
What date does it say at the bottom? The one I installed myself was dated October 2015.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Approx 1 year before, which is why I'm hoping somebody has same as yours thats just been serviced. Then I'm back to dealer, incidently, did you find any differences after uploading new firmware ?.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
My Cactus had its first service on 04/01/16. They gave me a copy of the check-list they used. No mention of the screen or up-dating it. I did ask them to up-date the navigation but they said this has to done by the customer. They just gave me the web site address.

So I don't think updating the firmware is included in a standard service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
The service mechanic might might have confused your request with the BSI/ECU software update. This is checked/updated at each service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
Citroen dealerships seem to vary in their competence... I indicated specifically that I wished the SMEG+ to be updated to the latest firmware - both when booking the car in and when I arrived for the service.

When the service had been completed, they claimed there was no update available - I am still on 5.2.A.R9

As much help as a chocolate teapot...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Just a quick question. How does firmware numbering system work. People are quoting 5.2.A.R6 as newer than 5.2.A.R9
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
The2ems said:
Just a quick question. How does firmware numbering system work. People are quoting 5.2.A.R6 as newer than 5.2.A.R9
The number has been typed incorrectly, it should be 5.4.B.R6 as the newer version, as per the photo StevieJ posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
I very much doubt they'll be handing out free firmware updates when they can charge £69 (I think) to do it yourself.
That £69 as far as I am aware is to update the Sat-Nav maps etc not a firmware update for the software to run the screen - I could be wrong though :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
I downloaded the Speed and Red cameras on a memory stick for £7.99. It works with all Citroen models with Sat Nav. Done 2 Cacti, 1DS4 and a C4. Thank you Citroen!!!.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Mark said:
I downloaded the Speed and Red cameras on a memory stick for £7.99. It works with all Citroen models with Sat Nav. Done 2 Cacti, 1DS4 and a C4. Thank you Citroen!!!.
Thought they were £6.99 ?

I'll update mine when I go on holiday down south - we don't have fixed speed cameras in Durham - but we do have speed vans etc

I never speed in built up areas. I could not live with myself if I hit a kid but you get them on motorways were they drop you down to 50mph with a speed camera at the start. Very easy to get nabbed by one of them I think (I haven't)

http://www.navigation.com/8C4Cactus_2015_SMEG/Speed-Camera-Database-in-Europe-January-2016/citroen-eu/product/E5002011639065/en_GB/GBP/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JohnYoung said:
Mrsstuzilla said:
I very much doubt they'll be handing out free firmware updates when they can charge £69 (I think) to do it yourself.
That £69 as far as I am aware is to update the Sat-Nav maps etc not a firmware update for the software to run the screen - I could be wrong though :D
Thats what I thought, just sat nav. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JohnYoung said:
Mark said:
I downloaded the Speed and Red cameras on a memory stick for £7.99. It works with all Citroen models with Sat Nav. Done 2 Cacti, 1DS4 and a C4. Thank you Citroen!!!.
Thought they were £6.99 ?

I'll update mine when I go on holiday down south - we don't have fixed speed cameras in Durham - but we do have speed vans etc

I never speed in built up areas. I could not live with myself if I hit a kid but you get them on motorways were they drop you down to 50mph with a speed camera at the start. Very easy to get nabbed by one of them I think (I haven't)

http://www.navigation.com/8C4Cactus_2015_SMEG/Speed-Camera-Database-in-Europe-January-2016/citroen-eu/product/E5002011639065/en_GB/GBP/
I see it says £6.99 and can be bought on a monthly bases. I take it thats £6.99 per month, or am I reading it wrong :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
cactusjack said:
Approx 1 year before, which is why I'm hoping somebody has same as yours thats just been serviced. Then I'm back to dealer, incidently, did you find any differences after uploading new firmware ?.
It switches between functions faster and the volume bar is now graduated.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top