Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Plant

So I've had the Cactus all of 3 days now, and i love it. Coupe of things I've noticed:

Clutch-rest - too high for me. I'm 6'2 and i knew it wasn't the best for steering-wheel / legs bent postion, but as i do a lot of motorway/cruise-control miles it wasn't a major factor. I've taken out the footrest from under the carpet and apart from the ugly carpet crease it works well. CactusHack!

Armrest - great for longer journeys and i don't find it gets in the way of gearchanges, but it squeaks like a pig! Will see if silicone spray helps with that.

Windnoise - I've noticed the glassruns up at the top of the B-pillar peel away from the glass on both sides. I used to work in this area (NVH) so i'll find a way of making sure they contact the glass better there, it's not too loud but noticeable at speed.

Clutch - feels a bit unsubstantial to me, but i've had Peugeots in the past and they have a similar action. Not much to change there..but i think more substantial metal pedals might make a difference.

TouchScreen - i managed to update the firmware last night, after a couple of anxious moments staring at the Blue screen like a dog being shown a card-trick :? So far it's slightly quicker to respond, so that' a bonus.

Fuel consumption - I'm getting around 43mpg, which is ok i think. I'd hoped to be nearer 50 but the 110 encourages nippy driving so i guess that's a reasonable figure?

Last thing is the gear-shift. I've found a quick-shift kit online, and might take the plunge and get it fitted - it's not a big deal, but with a much shorter, crisper change i think it would suit the nippy character of the car. Will post info if i get it done.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
good to know, but what with warranty (in case of installing a quick shift)?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Congratulations - Cactus owner ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ran said:
Not sure, it's bolt-on part on top of the existing linkages, so shouldn't be an issue removing it and keeping it stock.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cactused said:
ran said:
Not sure, it's bolt-on part on top of the existing linkages, so shouldn't be an issue removing it and keeping it stock.
Thanks. do you have a link to the item?
I'm getting mine (hopefully) by the end of the month and I remember the 5 speed transmission as you described (my previous car was DS3 sport chic with the 6 speed and its pretty good compare to PSA 5 speed manual).

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Interesting points.... I also like using the armrest on longer journeys and it does not stop me changing gear to badly but you notice it so have it out the way when around home.

I am surprised you find the gear shift a problem I mentioned on another thread I am very fussy with gear boxes and clutches etc as it can make or brake a car for me and the Cactus has one of the best I have driven. I find the gear box very good indeed and most of my other cars have been Japanese and they are legendary gearboxes so a good yard stick to judge the cactus by

1 - 6 of 6 Posts