Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Cactus for it"s first long trip at the weekend- was a bit dubious how it would cope on the motorway. But I have to say it went like a dream cruised along & no problem overtaking. Only downside was slightly increased cabin noise, I assume because of the higher speeds we were travelling at. Turned the music up a tad and soon got used to it. Overall I am very pleased/impressed With our cactus. We have only had it just over two weeks though so time will tell. :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
The noise of the Motorway depends on the different surface. You get used to it, really not much to worry about.

·
Registered
164 Posts

That kind of motorway? :p

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
ran said:

That kind of motorway? :p
Crikey that went well :shock:

But yeah the Cactus is great on the motorway and we found it fantastic for a long 5 hour journey with no problems and I would not even say it was that noisy but I am not a fast driver so maybe that's why

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just done my first longish motorway journey, from Harrow to Hadfield in the Peak District, M1 all the way then across, via the A616. Took longer than expected due to motorway improvements, but was a good test for the car, and myself as a relatively new driver, and to be honest, it was trouble free all the way!
Will have to investigate the cruise control for the return trip though, anybody use it? How easy is it to use?
Oh, and an interesting observation, we never saw a single Cactus all the way!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
In my old car (Mazda) I never used the cruise control as it was to fiddly but with the cactus its great and very easy to use. Just set speed and engage. It will disengage when you touch pedals

·
Registered
265 Posts
The cruise control is a doddle to use. Ive never had it before and its really simple but may I suggest you have a relatively uncluttered stretch of road for your first try just in case? All you do is pootle along at the speed you want to, say 60mph, then rotate the dial on the steering wheel down to activate cruise control and it'll maintain that speed.

You can increase or decrease speed by using the + or - buttons, or pause it by using the II button at which time the car will start to slow down so you have to apply the accelerator pedal. If you apply the brake or accelerate while cruise control is on, it'll go into pause mode. Dead simple and a delight to have.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have just returned from driving from Glasgow to Somerset then on to Cornwall then reverse journey. Cactus was perfect other than slightly increased cabin noise. More comfortable than my previous C4 e-Hdi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Start of May, week on Isle of Mull with leader of the opposition and two dogs. Rear seat down for space for the two dogs, whisbar roof bars and roof box. Travelled overnight, south coast to Oban, calmac ferry, the interesting single track and potholed roads round Mull were as I always remember, and return back to the south coast following week. Wonderful holiday, great weather.

Bottom line cactus wise; completely trouble free. Very comfy and handled Mull well, (including the west coast road for those that know it..) Dogs also very comfy in the back, and it honestly didn't feel when arriving there or getting home that I'd just driven 550 miles. Even with the roof box and quite laden, returned 58mpg over the 1300 miles in total. (flair 110 diesel). Pleasure to drive the car this distance.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, tried the cruise control on my return trip, what a delight! Very intuitive, and easy to adjust on the fly, even for a first time user.
Came down the M1 today, came up along side a chrome Cactus, and ended up following it for a long stretch down the motorway!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Bewar3them00n said:
Well, tried the cruise control on my return trip, what a delight! Very intuitive, and easy to adjust on the fly, even for a first time user.
Came down the M1 today, came up along side a chrome Cactus, and ended up following it for a long stretch down the motorway!
It's great isn't it. The cactus changes how you drive - more easy going :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts