Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here... although I've been looking at Cacti(?) for months.

I'm considering buying a Cactus (despite various negative reactions from friends!), but can anyone tell me what the 'LED interior mood lighting' is on the Flair models? Has anyone tried the 'Park Assist' and 'gap measurement' options?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the park assist, only to have front parking sensors... The automatic park you will use just a few times, because you can park faster! What is the LED mood lighting? One problem with the CACTUS is the lack of rear roof light... I have to search in other PSA group cars for a suitable solution...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would assume the mood lighting in the cactus is the same as the mood lighting in the DS3. ie. A red glow in the foot well in the front. Don't expect a multi color system!! Have a cactus flair on order so will see what it looks like then. That's if Citroen ever get my car built, already delayed by a month....

·
Registered
472 Posts
Looks like there's no mood lighting at all, not on our Flair anyway, when it clearly states there is ?????

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a Flair, but there is no 'mood lighting' as far as I can see... The front only interior lights may be LED, but that is as far as it goes. Yet more misinformation from the brochure. My Cactus was supposed to have rear disc brakes but actually has drums. Citroen claim this is 'purely cosmetic' :) Mine also was missing the spare wheel which I ordered and paid for, as well as the wrong alloys....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mate, I'd have serious words if I were you, that doesn't sound right! The brake issue is one thing, but wrong alloys and no wheel after you specified and paid for it? Nah.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dadioglasgow said:
I have a Flair, but there is no 'mood lighting' as far as I can see... The front only interior lights may be LED, but that is as far as it goes. Yet more misinformation from the brochure. My Cactus was supposed to have rear disc brakes but actually has drums. Citroen claim this is 'purely cosmetic' :) Mine also was missing the spare wheel which I ordered and paid for, as well as the wrong alloys....
Only the Puretec 110 (petrol), and both diesel models come with disc brakes all round. I think this is a bit of a cop out really, but I suppose the reasoning is to do with the power output of the engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hate to tell you, I have a diesel, the 92 with etg 6 semi auto gearbox and I only have discs on the front. Having said that the breaks are extremely effective.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My gripe about the rear drums is related to the fact that in the specification brochure picked up from the dealer, and also the one I downloaded from Citroen at the beginning of October (both dated September 2014), the eHdi 92 with semi auto box was listed as having disc brakes at the rear. I am annoyed as drums are more prone to fade, more difficult to replace linings than to replace pads and have a habit of seizing adjusters with an effect on the handbrake as well. If you cannot inspect the actual model of car you are buying at the dealership, it would seem reasonable for the brochure to be honest. The brochure has now been changed, but I feel that customers who have ordered a car (which I didn't get until mid January - from ordering on the 5th October) should at least be informed of the change. I am still waiting for the dealer to supply the spare wheel, jack, wheelbase etc and for compensation for the wrong alloys being supplied.

·
Registered
62 Posts
reading the specs, it now seems that only the top petrol and top diesel manuals have rear disc brakes. None of the Auto variants appear to have the option of rear discs. As for the Mood lighting was looking forward to that. Will look to fit a third party system when I pick up My Cactus on 1st march. can get a reasonable system for about 50 Quid or so. Know a couple of DS3 owners with "Mood Lighting"!!!! and the Cactus is not missing much, Dull orange glow in footwells.

G

·
Just had a phone call from Citroen U.K. who confirmed what we all now know that the Mood LED Lighting mentioned in the brochure and online on the Flair model is an error, it has never existed.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Each revision of the brochure, they remove something else... I did not get the mood lighting or the rear discs which were listed when I ordered mine. Is this just sharp practice or illegal?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Been in contact with Citroen UK and vented my disappointment of having no mood lighting, told them that if specs are changed they should have the decency to inform their dealerships of any changes so they can pass on to prospective customers. After all, you go into the garage look at the models on offer together with their respective specs and make a decision which one your going for and you should be confident you will get what your paying for. Isn't that what its all about ??

·
Registered
472 Posts
Meant to say that they have offered me a free service in way of compensation

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think I will be going the same route as you cactusjack, as I have already queried some things on the cactus to my dealer. Firstly we got quoted a price on the flair model with every option included, was happy with the price and then noticed etouch wasn't included, to which we promptly followed up and got it included despite having already paid the car. Then I called up about the mood lighting and still haven't heard back, but what is most disappointing for us now is that we were promised the car last week, only to be told we have another 6 week wait because of our spec list and the huge demand for cactii (?) at the moment. I'll be pushing for a some form of compensation when it does arrive though, that's for sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts