Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cactus has developed a rattle on the front near side when driving over bumps. The dealership has looked at it and say they couldn't find anything and they just tightened everything up. But it's still doing it and I'm unhappy with this fault in a nearly new car. Has anyone else experienced this or has any ideas what it could be?

Registered
Check rear seat belts - centre male knocking female? :( I know it's in rear but it sounded in the front :(

Attachments

Registered
Cactus4us said:
Check rear seat belts - centre male knocking female? :( I know it's in rear but it sounded in the front :(
Yes I found that the other day when someone had been in the back - drove me nuts but easily sorted

Registered
If it helps...

Mine has had a noticeable "light knock" from the OSF since day one. Bizarrely it only does it on small depressions and surface scars, significant bumps (like potholes or road humps) it makes no noise.

In my case I have had it checked and reported no fault found, however I believe the noise is coming from the shock on the rebound stroke. When it goes in for the next service I will get them to look at it again and look at getting it replaced.

Trouble with noises and forums, without looking at the car its impossible to diagnose from the end of a keyboard...

Registered
Are you wearing an anorak? I had a similar rattle and tracked it down to the zip on my anorak knocking against the seat frame below the cushion...

Registered
I'm having similar issues. I will have to check that seat belt and if that is the issue if be glad to shut it up. Thank you

Registered
I have a rattle front near side too, but nothing Direct Line can't sort. I wasn't in the car at the time but the guy waited around until I got back.

Attachments

Registered
Blactus said:
I have a rattle front near side too, but nothing Direct Line can't sort. I wasn't in the car at the time but the guy waited around until I got back.
:eek:

Crikey that is bad - good on the guy to wait around for you not many would

Registered
I've noticed a small irritating rattle too, I'll check the seatbelts, maybe the glovebox has something in there rattling...

Registered
JohnYoung said:
Blactus said:

Now I'm driving a Vauxhall Omega, I can the report that boot isn't that much larger, for a larger car

Registered
Blactus said:
JohnYoung said:
Blactus said:

Now I'm driving a Vauxhall Omega, I can the report that boot isn't that much larger, for a larger car
That's interesting as they are much larger cars - well they look larger

But I assume the drive is quieter as if I remember right you are not impressed with the cactus road noise - Or am I thinking of someone else :?

Registered
@johnyoung That's my one real complaint about the Cactus.

As for the Omega it's a great motorway cruiser, I find the cactus a bit flighty at speed as it's so light. The Omega has a button instead of a hand brake lever, haven't come across that before

Registered
Blactus said:
@johnyoung That's my one real complaint about the Cactus.

As for the Omega it's a great motorway cruiser, I find the cactus a bit flighty at speed as it's so light. The Omega has a button instead of a hand brake lever, haven't come across that before
Ohhh those electric handbrakes are AWFUL things - Not had one in a car I owned but on test drives. Its one of those "Lets mess with something that works great already and make it crap" type things :evil:

The only thing I can think they would be good for is people with bad hands or joints who find it hard to pull a lever - Brilliant - for the rest of us WHY ???

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No it's definitely not something inside the car. It sounds to me as though it's something near the front wheel area. But the garaged could not track it down when it was up on the ramp. You can only hear it while you're driving which makes it difficult to pin down.

Registered
I had a similar rattle and it turned out to be the aircon pipes. They are two alloy pipes of different diameters and come from the bottom of the engine. They then turn to offside (uk) and run back and up towards the bulkhead. Mine came out of their retaining clips and rattled against the inner wings when going over rough surfaces.

Registered
And you will have more spare cash due to the superior fuel consumption :) Seriously, IMHO, the diesel is no noisier than a petrol once on the move...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts