Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've noticed a lot of comments about MPG and am quite surprised about the sort of figures that a lot of my fellow Cactus owners are reporting.

I have the Flair e-HDi 92 ETG6 (no longer available :( ), I have now done well over 5,500 miles and my average is nearly 62mpg. I drive a complete mix of all styles of road and traffic conditions and although I may go over dual carriageway and motorway speeds a tad ;) I avoid hard acceleration and braking. When driving very early in the morning, which I do 3 - 5 days a week, I do drive very conservatively, as long as I'm not holding anyone up behind, this obviously does help with the fuel saving. I do also use cruise as much as possible, using the + / - buttons for minor adjustments when in light traffic.

I leave stop/start on permanently and it has so far worked very well, operating damn near every time I stop or slow down to below 5mph with my foot even lightly on the brake, it's pretty amazing to me (i'm easily pleased).

I guess I am a bit anal and OCD about these things but for years I have used a spreadsheet to calculate mpg, overall max possible miles on one tank etc. and these figures do not match those of the in-car computer, which reports from 1.5 to 6.5 mpg more than true, averaging around 4mpg over. My previous C4 computer was more accurate at 1 to 2mpg over.

Finally, I suspect that my fuel tank may be a 45 litre, even though the manual states 50 litres. When the car said I had zero miles of fuel left, just as I approached a petrol station, I was only able fit 44.32 litres in. Does anyone know how I can find out definitively which I have got? (other than literally running out and filling).

That's enough rambling for now, thanks for lasting to the end, Chris.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On the fuel tank size. You probably had another 5 litres to go. But that trip computer will err on the side of caution I believe.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm sure I read in the brochure somewhere and it says its a 45 litre tank.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I suspect your 5litres (if it exists) is a quoted reserve to ensure an interrupted supply. Diesels don't cope well to running out of fuel (more so than Petrol!).

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't had mine long enough to get a reliable grasp on the actual mpg, but it is looking like 55mpg from my Feel Edition BlueHDI S&S 100 so far. But tomorrow I have a long trip so that will likely rise a bit.

G

·
I've had my Cactus (BlueHDI 100 S&S) for about 3 months now, approaching the 5000 Miles mark, and so far I am averaging about 65 to 70 mpg on most tanks. Most of my driving is a 25 mile journey to work (dual carrigeway & motorway), so between 60 and 70 mph.

This morning the road was a bit busier and so out of curiosity I reset my trip meter and trundled along in the slow lane with the lorries at about 55 mph for 10 miles and averaged a fraction over 100 mpg, these may have been almost ideal conditions, constant moderate speed, relatively flat and straight, but I can see how the consumption figures in the book can be achieved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.